WANTED: PA SPEAKER (1 Viewer)

Are you looking for a cab or speaker? Not that I have either in 16 Ohm.

As said you need a crossover if you're adding a tweeter, so you need a tweeter and a 12" 16 Ohm speaker. Why do you want a tweeter for guitar?

I'd pick up a cheap PA cab or monitor and use that as is rather than trying to redesign your guitar cab. One problem with all that is that your amp isn't gonna put out the kind of highs that Albini and Ginn get from using more PA like gear, you may just end up with no more noise and plectrum sounds when you're using a tweeter.

Make sure you get some metal picks too, way more important than a tweeter imo.

You could also run your guitar/effects into a DI then direct to desk and amp seperately. Blend them and you'll have all tehe highs you could need.

I'd pick up a cheap PA cab or monitor and use that as is rather than trying to redesign your guitar cab. One problem with all that is that your amp isn't gonna put out the kind of highs that Albini and Ginn get from using more PA like gear, you may just end up with no more noise and plectrum sounds when you're using a tweeter.

Make sure you get some metal picks too, way more important than a tweeter imo.

You could also run your guitar/effects into a DI then direct to desk and amp seperately. Blend them and you'll have all tehe highs you could need.

yeah have metal picks. they dont make that much difference so stop using them.
was playing through a bass amp with a tweeter last week and i loved the tone. it was definitely closer to what i want than what i had. ive experimented with running a DI and blending it from the PA but engineers always look at me like ive ten heads when i suggest it and rarely does it give the desired results.

ive been on the hunt since december last year for a cheap suitable monitor / cab to use the speaker, but havent been successful with the required impedance / power rating or size. and im gettign fed up of looking. so next option is to get a tweeter and just try that with my current setup. ill connect them up loosely to see if it gives anything like i want, before i go cutting holes in the cab etc..... and if that doesnt work....... DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A PA SPEAKER THATS 16Ohms, 12", & MINIMUM 60 watts?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back