8 port Wi-Fi router (1 Viewer)

ernesto

Stank you very much
Supporter
Solutions
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
Ok nerds of thumped,
I am in the market for an 8 port Wi-Fi Router for the house. Also it has to be powered by 12v DC for battery back up reasons.
Tried searching online but having trouble identifying one.
Is there a known decent one available at a decent price or is everything just big standard 4 port now?
Thanks

Ok nerds of thumped,
I am in the market for an 8 port Wi-Fi Router for the house. Also it has to be powered by 12v DC for battery back up reasons.
Tried searching online but having trouble identifying one.
Is there a known decent one available at a decent price or is everything just big standard 4 port now?
Thanks
Why not just buy your wifi router of choice then stick an 8 or 12 port switch into it?

Limited 12v supply outputs from power supply . - Can only power one device.
Trying to create a network that can stay on during a power outage
problem solved

0_On-fire-adapter-at-plug-Receptacle-on-white-background-Electric-short-circuit-failure-resulting-in_1024x1024.jpg

Limited 12v supply outputs from power supply . - Can only power one device.
Trying to create a network that can stay on during a power outage

Beside the 'what on earth for' side of this, most of the old routers can be daisy chained. I was trying to turn my old one into a wifi extender and it was like fine, but I have to be connected by cable. i.e. turning the new one from a 4 port into a total 7 port woulda taken about 10 mins using the the old one.

Beside the 'what on earth for' side of this, most of the old routers can be daisy chained. I was trying to turn my old one into a wifi extender and it was like fine, but I have to be connected by cable. i.e. turning the new one from a 4 port into a total 7 port woulda taken about 10 mins using the the old one.

I’m running cctv recorder and cameras (among other alarm / smart stuff) through the network aswell so I don’t want it bottlenecking.
The power supplies have ten 1Amp outputs and a 12v rechargeable battery in case of mains failure. They are powering the security stuff.
I am fitting two power supplies in the house and one in the garage.
A really good 8 port Wi-Fi router is what is best suited. Or else do what was suggested but then I’ll have to be another 10am power supply and fit another battery. Which is more money than a good 8 port 12v router

To answer the ‘why?’

Otherwise if my mains power goes my garage is no longer alarmed. Also no internet, no notification or control of alarm.
I need shit on back up

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back