Hitting back (1 Viewer)

Those questions are answered in the latter part of the article i posted.

Up to 232% is excessive but y'know, thems are the breaks if you want to import garlic, and it's the consumer who would end up paying it.

I see no answer to my second question in that, the one about it being done at the behest of foreign multinational fruit and veg companies.

Up to 232% is excessive but y'know, thems are the breaks if you want to import garlic, and it's the consumer who would end up paying it.

I see no answer to my second question in that, the one about it being done at the behest of foreign multinational fruit and veg companies.

The total tax evasion ended up at an actual 300,000eu. That is a drop in the ocean in what the consumer pays in tax in ireland. Its less per capita than you spend in one litre of petrol on tax.

He even is paying it back.

He was thrown to an awful judge and given the heaviest sentence ever ever ever for otherwise running a solid business.

I don't have evidence, but it stinks of lobbying and vested interest.

that would be €1.6 million in import duties
I'd personally rather an unbroken face and a sense of security still intact. I know it's unlikely you're saying otherwise but it's worth pointing out so we don't get off topic here. Surely a big fine for the tax cheat and a jail term for the violent criminal is much more appropriate than the other way around. Rape and violence against women is disgustingly under-punished in this country, particularly given the low rate of conviction and this dickhead judge is among the worst of them.

The total tax evasion ended up at an actual 300,000eu. That is a drop in the ocean in what the consumer pays in tax in ireland. Its less per capita than you spend in one litre of petrol on tax.

He even is paying it back.

He was thrown to an awful judge and given the heaviest sentence ever ever ever for otherwise running a solid business.

I don't have evidence, but it stinks of lobbying and vested interest.

Yes and if he ran the largest fruit and veg business in the country one would also assume that the 300k that he evaded is a drop in the ocean compared to his overall turnover, I would assume that his company could have afforded to pay the tax.

Anyway that's my stance on the matter, you have yours and that's cool, I don't think we're going to sway each other.

With regard to Nolan, as I said my concern about him isn't that he gave a harsh sentence to a tax evader; it's his pattern of giving soft sentences to violent offenders. He currently sits in the family courts which are understandably held in camera so the public of large has no way of knowing what he's up to these days.

I'd personally rather an unbroken face and a sense of security still intact. I know it's unlikely you're saying otherwise but it's worth pointing out so we don't get off topic here. Surely a big fine for the tax cheat and a jail term for the violent criminal is much more appropriate than the other way around. Rape and violence against women is disgustingly under-punished in this country, particularly given the low rate of conviction and this dickhead judge is among the worst of them.

Indeed and it's partly my fault that this thread has been derailed and I regret that. The sentencing that is handed out for a different type of offence doesn't really impact what I think about the type of sentences that are handed out for violent ones, even if yer man paid a fine and served no time for his tax dodging (and if that had happened fair enough, my thing on it is that I find it nigh on impossible to have any sympathy for him, it's not like he's an innocent being stiched up) it wouldn't change the fact that as you said dudes who hit or rape women tend to get off easier than they should here.

And I'm really, really sorry to the other Mark, who is known in my circle as The Good Mark Jordan, which I hope will give you some leverage or something, somewhere.

Jaysus Jane, please do not apologize. T'was the right thing to do.

angry-teacher-pointing.jpg

Jane is on Today FM (Anton Savage show) right now, talking about her horrendous experience

i cannot abide that man's interviews. hopefully she was given a chance to talk and he, you know, actually listened to the answers to the questions he asked.

He does ask very direct questions (in such a casual way) without any apparent consideration for the feelings of the person being interviewed. And his comments almost always start with "but...", before he goes on to express surprise or doubt about what was being said.That said, I don't think it is an arrogance on his part - just his style.

Same approach today, but Jane got her point across very well, about the need to change the conversation from being about the victim to being about the perpertrator.

It should be available on playback
http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekends/savagesunday/listen.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back