Walking/Trails... what have you? (1 Viewer)

You all are making me jealous. Damn lungs. :( I've only been doing short walks and need to build back up. I've become fairly obsessed now with thoughts of Kilimanjaro. I'm thinking Fall 2010, I need to get back on track and save money.

How long does it take? Do you camp along the way? This sounds awesome.

I think/hope there's b&bs and hostels on the way. It's seven to nine days, about 20km per day, starting in Marley Park. As long as it doesn't totally pour it should be good, fingers crossed.

fair play,plan on doing the same come september,wanna get loads of walks in and aim to do st james way next spring http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Way_of_St._James

off to the sugarloaf tomorrow if its a nice day.and maybe even if its not.

That Way of St. James looks cool alright. A friend of mine did it a couple of years ago. Supposed to be really good. I'm going to do the sugarloaf today too. Before the rain, hopefully. I'll nod knowingly at everyone.

You all are making me jealous. Damn lungs. :( I've only been doing short walks and need to build back up. I've become fairly obsessed now with thoughts of Kilimanjaro. I'm thinking Fall 2010, I need to get back on track and save money.

Kilemanjaro would be the deadly. I'd love to go to Africa at some stage. Outside of the cities it's meant to be really nice. Hope your lungs better soon.

This book's pretty good. The sketch maps are a bit shit though.

Cool. It's great knowing the history of where you're walking through. Makes it a lot more interesting. I've ordered Wicklow Way from Clonegal to Dublin through the staff library in work but there's only about 10 or so pages on the history of the area.

I think/hope there's b&bs and hostels on the way. It's seven to nine days, about 20km per day, starting in Marley Park. As long as it doesn't totally pour it should be good, fingers crossed.
I've ordered Wicklow Way from Clonegal to Dublin through the staff library in work but there's only about 10 or so pages on the history of the area.

there is b&b's along the way,most are a couple of kilometres off the trail itself though so you will add a slight distance to it.you gonna do it the right way (dublin to clonegal) or in reverse?the reverse option does seem better as you get a couple of days walking to prepare you for the mountains proper.i got a book here about the wicklow way here ill happily lend you,seems pretty comprehensive.

there is b&b's along the way,most are a couple of kilometres off the trail itself though so you will add a slight distance to it.you gonna do it the right way (dublin to clonegal) or in reverse?the reverse option does seem better as you get a couple of days walking to prepare you for the mountains proper.i got a book here about the wicklow way here ill happily lend you,seems pretty comprehensive.

I'm going to head South from Marley. Did you get to do the sugar loaf today? I met someone I knew up there. A fugitive from a hangover..

Good clouds up there today. Photo looking nord to Dublin:

3476677520_bd327b4d30_b.jpg

I'm going to head South from Marley. Did you get to do the sugar loaf today? I met someone I knew up there. A fugitive from a hangover..

Good clouds up there today. Photo looking nord to Dublin:

3476677520_bd327b4d30_b.jpg

yeah,just in the door now,bloody exhausted!got the 145 to kilmacanogue then it was a 4/5 mile walk to the foot of it,well worth it though,came down the front of it then which was much quicker and prettier,ill bang that book in the post to you,just pm us yr address :)

hey,

the bray to greystones walk - where exactly does it start?

I've heard by the beach (near the DART station). Is it obvious when I'm there?

thanks.

Yes, just start at the beach in Bray.
I wouldn't do the walk at the moment though - the second half (or last third or so) of it is ruined by the construction underway at Greystones harbour.

hey,

the bray to greystones walk - where exactly does it start?

I've heard by the beach (near the DART station). Is it obvious when I'm there?

thanks.

Just walk up the hill along the coast (toward Bray Head) and follow the trail. Once you get to Greystone walk up the hill near the pub take a right then a left and you'll end up in the village. There is huge construction going on at the Greystone end of it, which now ruins it but the first 4 miles is breathtaking.

Yes, just start at the beach in Bray.
I wouldn't do the walk at the moment though - the second half (or last third or so) of it is ruined by the construction underway at Greystones harbour.

yeah, walk Howth to Howth Junction instead.

preferably at night.

it is possible,just confusing really,yr coming from the bray end right?

yep, thats what I was thinking. But I'm open to starting at the other end either. What do you recommend?

I'm happy to just walk out the 4 or so miles til it turns into a building site. I just need to be educated as to what to expect. I guess theres one way to find out.

start at the bray end,lot easier to find and no mucking about building sites,just walk along the sea front to the base of the head and follow the path/trail around the bottom of it.you should be able to find the path round the building in greystones a lot easier to then jump on dart home.
gonna get out and climb the small sugarloaf this evening if the weathers decent,looks fairly handy.plus its the 427th highest peak in the country!

gonna get out and climb the small sugarloaf this evening if the weathers decent,looks fairly handy.plus its the 427th highest peak in the country!

Fair play. I did that a couple of weeks ago and would recommend. Good views of East Coast generally. How do you find the starting points? I usually take about an hour of random driving to get to the start of the trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back