Walking/Trails... what have you? (2 Viewers)

anyone planning on getting into some serious walking?

Buy maps 2 for 1 offer from OSI
Available at the OSi (Ordnance Survey Ireland) Map Shop in the Phoenix Park, Dublin, all MountainViews members can avail of the following offer:

"Buy any 2 Discovery Series Maps of your choice and get any other 2 Discovery Series Maps Free.
This would be very useful to members who are stocking up maps for further summiteering/bagging next year. Incidentally, visiting the OSI place is quite interesting in its own right. The last time I was there, the reception were giving out a free all Ireland poster map, modern on one side and 19th century on the other. (Obviously, no guarantees that's still available)
To obtain the reduced price, people just need to mention the Mountain Views offer. It is limited to 8 copies in total (buy 4 get 4 free). The offer continues to the end of Jan 2010."

good deal,those os maps are pricey enough :)

i picked a random stretch of coast a few evenings ago - turns out there's a huge fucking surreal looking mansion just a few miles away i never knew of. was amazing to stumble across.

i picked a random stretch of coast a few evenings ago - turns out there's a huge fucking surreal looking mansion just a few miles away i never knew of. was amazing to stumble across.

similar story,coming back home on sunday i stumbled across a creepy empty house in a small patch of forest,i must have walked by it 20 times before without ever realising it was there.im gonna have a proper poke about in it when its daytime.

yeah,wasnt far short of 8 hours,plenty of rests though,lazed about the rocks on knocknagaun for a good half hour.from cruagh to prince williams seat is just a big raised bog so that took a lot longer than i thought it would trying to avoid the marshiest parts.still ended up knee deep in a mud pool though.off to do sugarloaf now,its only a quick one as i gotta meet someone in town later.gonna try do djouce tomorrow if i get up early enough (relying on public transport is very restrictive/restricting)

myself and the other half gonna take up hiking as soon as we finish our exams in May - a rumble in the woods sounds like the right job!

Theodore, you're an inspiration to lapsed walkers, I'm gonna get the horde out for a hike this weekend

hope the weather keeps up till then.although once you got the right gear the weather is irrelavent,i had one of the best hikes of my life in the middle of a blizzard.

myself and the other half gonna take up hiking as soon as we finish our exams in May - a rumble in the woods sounds like the right job!

fornicating in the forest?less of that please.

Whereabouts?

somewhere about here. you probably know it, that little peninsula turns unknown to me after killydonnel friary.
I want to say its that mad expensive restaurant that i've never been to, but i cant remember if ithat restaurant is before or after the friary from letterk. in any event if you want to check it out i'm probably done with practice about 5ish tomo.

somewhere about here. you probably know it, that little peninsula turns unknown to me after killydonnel friary.
I want to say its that mad expensive restaurant that i've never been to, but i cant remember if ithat restaurant is before or after the friary from letterk. in any event if you want to check it out i'm probably done with practice about 5ish tomo.

its not the restaurant, its way bigger. i was thinking of castle grove.

I'm gonna guess it's the house of a certain really famous American photographer who's name I can't remember. His is down past Castle Grove somewhere but there could be more mansions down there down I remember off hand.

take loads of pictures.i wanna do seefin and seefingan this weekend,the megalithic tombs on top look like they could be worth a look
4188670262_dee3cb9688.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back