The Nostalgia Circuit (1 Viewer)

Not here - but i do see people giving off about the pixies and similar reunions about how its not the same cos its second time round etc. for those without a time machine though its class.

weird kind attitude that people who built their lives around playing some music shouldn't be allowed to play it anymore because its not the same year.

Not here - but i do see people giving off about the pixies and similar reunions about how its not the same cos its second time round
Their reunion (this latter part of it...new album etc) has brought it home to me that I have no need to hear them again. I have utterly worn out whatever love I had for them. Hopefully temporarily. But I love that the world has started listening...they're so much bigger now than they were when they were releasing the classic stuff.
I've generally been grateful for those kind of reunions. The Eagles in the rds was a mad one...I was working at that, got this weird epiphany during Hotel California, and that was it. And I'd never have seen PIL or Kraftwerk if they hadn't reformed. Good thing!

Listening to WFMU here and she just played Stereolab and I remembered hanging around outside Battery Park listening to them play with I think Yoko Ono

I see The Chalk Venue in Swords has closed. It was a nice enough venue, unusual in that it was designed with live music in mind but vast majority of the acts were tribute acts. It's a bit sad because Swords traditionally had a very strong original bands scene and when it opened I naively thought they'd engage with local acts more.

I see The Chalk Venue in Swords has closed. It was a nice enough venue, unusual in that it was designed with live music in mind but vast majority of the acts were tribute acts. It's a bit sad because Swords traditionally had a very strong original bands scene and when it opened I naively thought they'd engage with local acts more.
I can't even get a Stoat gig in the pub I play in every week - they know people will come and see us, but they're afraid there won't be enough of them to make up for the (handful of) Friday night regulars that won't like it. I sympathise, cos I'd say they're barely keeping their heads above water, but still it's a bit frustrating

I can't even get a Stoat gig in the pub I play in every week - they know people will come and see us, but they're afraid there won't be enough of them to make up for the (handful of) Friday night regulars that won't like it. I sympathise, cos I'd say they're barely keeping their heads above water, but still it's a bit frustrating

Yeah, it's mad in Drumcondra, there are three pubs with regular music, Kennedy's seems to be several nights a week and be hopping but apart from I think the odd show done under the GlasDrum banner in the old Anglican Church (may not have been any since COVID now that I think of it) there's little to no original music.

I believe one of the local pubs now has an upstairs venue that can be rented if you fancy doing a Stoat gig here sometime. I'm sure we could get enough hoary old indie poppers out for to to break even.

For some reason Phibsboro has always been better for original music but down the years it was always a slog trying to get people to come there from other parts of town.

Interesting. I'm definitely not in the scene anymore. That Pip Blom gig a few weeks ago was packed out mind with young and old.

There are places around the country that are still catering to original music like McHughs up in Drogheda, Lees in Tullamore, cleeres in Kilkenny. They can be hard enough to find but there is a network of people out there that are trying to keep stuff like that going and are looking to ensure that it’s not all tribute acts

Trying to muster up the energy to go to McHugh's tonight. But it's at odds with my full rest instructions. Mind you, so is sitting at this computer.

Trying to muster up the energy to go to McHugh's tonight. But it's at odds with my full rest instructions. Mind you, so is sitting at this computer.
Is this for the Bloody Head/HSJI gig? I missed last night’s gig in Anseo because I’m smothered with a head cold. Raging I missed it. Still trying to shake it off. Also heading down to Tullamore for practice tomorrow so probably be in bed by 9 tonight.

Also, will miss the Burning Realm gig tomorrow as I’ll more than likely be getting home late from Tullamore

someone asked about the biggest gap between seeing a band for the first and 2nd time.

Saw Therapy in 1995 in the Point just after Infernal Love. Next time I saw them was them in 2015. They played Infernal Love from start to finish because it was the 20th anniversary of the album.

Have to admit, I’m not mad about the album. Just the way things worked out.

Met Michael McKeegan just before the gig and said it was my first time seeing them in 20 years. He said that made home feel very old

someone asked about the biggest gap between seeing a band for the first and 2nd time.

Saw Therapy in 1995 in the Point just after Infernal Love. Next time I saw them was them in 2015. They played Infernal Love from start to finish because it was the 20th anniversary of the album.

Met Michael McKeegan just before the gig and said it was my first time seeing them in 20 years. He said that made home feel very old
For me it was Garbage in the Point in 1999 followed by Iveagh Gardens in 2019. Don’t think I’ve any others that are that far apart.

Saw therapy? In 92,that would have been the last time only I accidentally saw them in 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back