Walking/Trails... what have you? (1 Viewer)

Okay, I back on this.... I need more walks to do. In fact, I just got out of a crappy work meeting and am going to take off in the next hour. Today seem like a nice day. I need a new challenge. Anyone? Nice walks at least dart or bus distance from the city centre. Go!

thats in Offaly

get a bus to Marlay Park and walk the part of the woods there thats in the wicklow way.

Yeah but it seems to have some good sights. I didn't mean for today, just in general. 18 miles is a lot for one day but I've done 14...so maybe some weekend I will attempt it.

Is the Bray to Greystone walk open yet? Do they close it for winter?

Yeah but it seems to have some good sights. I didn't mean for today, just in general. 18 miles is a lot for one day but I've done 14...so maybe some weekend I will attempt it.

Is the Bray to Greystone walk open yet? Do they close it for winter?

I've never heard of anything ever been closed for the winter here before, so unlikely.

Have a nice afternoon. Sounds like a good plan. On the West Coast there seems to be a couple of feet or so of no-man's-land that you can walk between farmers' land and the ocean. It's such a nice day out and I'm sick! :(

It seems too nice to be sitting in my energy sucking office. Sunlight and fresh air are in order. I have time built up. Bring on 3pm. Sorry you're feeling all sick. Being sick when it's nice out is the worst.

take the train to maynooth and walk home.

actually there's some good walks in maynooth but I don't know where they are on the internet, i'll get back to you bout this

If you take the Dart to Sutton you can walk out past Sutton Cross to a trail that takes you all the whole way around Howth Head to the harbour, where you can buy some fresh fish and get the Dart home.
Takes about two hours.

ah! my childhood

If you take the Dart to Sutton you can walk out past Sutton Cross to a trail that takes you all the whole way around Howth Head to the harbour, where you can buy some fresh fish and get the Dart home.
Takes about two hours.

Not saying it's not nice but I've already done it. I was looking for new places. I walked the length of Howth Head to Greystone already. Or is this Sutton's Cross not along the coast road?

I was going to start a thread like this at the weekend when I was trying to think of somewhere to go.

As you've said: Bray to Greystones - great, Killiney Hill - Great.

Howth - Start at the summit carpark and walk towards the lighthouse, but veer west (to your right) keeping the sea on your left. Great long walk to the bottom all along cliffs and beaches. Keep going downhill and stay on the paths and you can't possible lose your way. Finish at strand road. Deadly stuff. Route:
f_howthm_219200d.jpg

Also: The south wall pier. Start at sandymount and walk through the nature reserve area, or get a bus direct to the Pigeon houses, walk around by the powerstation beaches, to the end of the pier. You'll be surprised how secluded it feels.

Route:
f_southwallm_f1cc060.jpg

Dun Laoighre West Pier.
The less popular of the 2 piers. Good.
f_westpierm_0ce1f1c.jpg

I can also recommend Glenasmole Reservoir out beyond Tallaght / Bohernabreena, but you'll need a car to get there.
2263141.jpg

breservoirs.jpg

Anyone got any more??!?!?
I want some new ones.

Take the 65 bus to Blessington and walk around the Blessington Lakes. I don't think there's a path around it, but the Poulaphouca Reservoir was created artificially and there's a settlement at the bottom of it. Not that you can see it or anything.

If you haven't walked out to the lighthouse at the end of the South Bull Wall, it's great, too. One of my favourite strolls in the city, and I never get tired of it.

Walk out through Rathfarnham and out to Montpellier Hill, up to the Hellfire Club. Scutter, do you know any safe routes to do that? There's a bus out to Montpellier Hill (or that stops near it, anyway), but once you're off it, it might not be enough of a walk for you. although you could just get off the bus early and walk the country road. At the Hellfire Club, you can see all of Dublin and it looks pretty swell. You also will see many, many beer cans and the remains of campfires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back