vaccinations and injections for tropical diseases etc. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter plug
  • Start date
  • Replies 89
  • Views 17K
  • Watchers 6
I'd shout but i'm hoarse from laughing (my ex used citracidal for stomach problems quite often, roughly as often as i rang her doctor to make appointments for her when she realised the citracidal wasn't doing fuck all).

i got some homeopathic stuff for malaria/tetanus/hep/typhoid etc. for 30e, no side effects no long term shit and they do the same job.

Why, you might say that it's almost as safe as a glass of water. A 30 euro glass of water. My recommendation is that you stay in countries where there are none of these diseases, because you're in no way protected against them. Holy fucking shit.

Someone should tell Africa about citracidal.
They'll be fucking delighted that their children don't have to die anymore.

Unfortunately medicine isn't like Star Wars where there's a light and a dark side.
There isn't a herbal equivilent for every chemical compound known to man.

has anyone got the meningitis a,c,w,y shot? the doctor convinced me i didnt need it, that it wasnt very effective and basically the practice of giving it is a comercially driven rip off thing. fair enough i thought, and then i saw this picture with some areas that i plan to visit highlighted in frightening red:
af_menen.jpg

so i went back today to get the jab just for peace of mind but he talked me out of it again. now that im home im starting to get worried again.

Getting meningococcal meningitis is a very very bad thing.
A mate of mine had a sore neck one day, felt a bit rough, called an ambulance and died on the trip in. It's that quick.

The viral one is not as bad.
If you can get vaccinated against meningococcus (or whatever its called) go for it. Its a polysaccharide vaccine, its been used for a few years, it is as safe as you can hope for (ie, it just has a bit of the bact coat). Cost, I dunno.

Go to another doctor.

I dont think so.
The bacterial one is the real bad boy.
And the polysacharide imun. will be against the bacterial one.

emmm.
ok, here :
http://health.rutgers.edu/Immunizations/meningitis.htm
The Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccine
There are currently two licensed vaccines for prevention of meningococcal meningitis. A polysaccharide vaccine (Menomune) has been in use for a number of years. It is currently being replaced by a conjugate vaccine (Menactra) which should have a longer lasting effect.
Both of these vaccines are safe and effective against 4 of the 5 subtypes of Meningococcal Meningitis. Adverse reactions are uncommon but may include redness or soreness at the injection site or fever. Serious allergic reactions are very rare.
Center for Disease Control Vaccine Information Statement

Who Should Get the Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccine?
Public health officials recommend that all college students take the meningococcal meningitis immunization. In particular, those who live in close quarters (dormitories, fraternities, and sororities), who frequent bars or consume alcohol, who smoke or are regularly around smokers are at higher risk and should consider vaccination. Students with certain chronic conditions (eg, have had their spleen removed) should be vaccinated. Students traveling to high-risk areas of the world (eg, sub-Sahara Africa) should consider vaccination.
The conjugate vaccine is now also recommended for all children when they reach 11-12 years of age.
Beginning in September 2004, Rutgers University requires that all incoming first year and transfer students receive the vaccine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back