vaccinations and injections for tropical diseases etc. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter plug
  • Start date
  • Replies 89
  • Views 17K
  • Watchers 6
Ah no, i'm not going for no consulation. I imagine she's just want to take me into the room and give out to me for doubting her advice and yadda yadda. I'll go in, get my shots and leave - the sister's already got me a rake of doxycycline.

Ah no, i'm not going for no consulation. I imagine she's just want to take me into the room and give out to me for doubting her advice and yadda yadda. I'll go in, get my shots and leave - the sister's already got me a rake of doxycycline.

Is doxycycline not the rubbish €1 tablet that youve to take for ages?

my mate is in the uk and just texted me that the Malarone is £2.50 a tab there so much of a muchness on the price front. Any one got any more details on the drug refund scheme?

Did they ask you how "adventurous" you were? I think this translates as "will you be sucking off a lot of meth-addled transvestite hookers?" and determines your suitability for the Hep B vaccine.

Mate's (18 year old, incredibly innocent) sister went to some mad old dude doctor to get her jabs, he says to her "will you be having any unprotected sex with any prostitutes?". Shocked, she stammers, "eh, i'm not planning on it". He says "well better safe than sorry" and gave it to her anyways!

I was on Doxycycline for three months this year.
It wasn't too bad, vicious heart burn in the morning though.
It gets worse after drinking too.
Just eat plenty of bread or rice and it'll sort you out.
You're not allowed to take indigestion tablets with it, I think.

no malaria tablets for me, my friend is a doctor and says that if youre bitten youre fucked anyway , all you can do is not get bitten

DEET 55 wil do unless youre off to the amazon

if you really want them, but them out there over the counter in a drug store, they'll cost ya a couple of dollars and read on the internet how to administer them

i bought drugs from an ice cream van in the middle of nowhere in vietnam , i'd golfballs in the throat, ya know, the drugs worked, most of them are french drugs there anyway so you can read the packet

no malaria tablets for me, my friend is a doctor and says that if youre bitten youre fucked anyway , all you can do is not get bitten

DEET 55 wil do unless youre off to the amazon

i dunno, your friends advice runs contrary to that of all the other medical people

400px-Anopheles_albimanus_mosquito.jpg

i do know you have my best interests at heart, raudi. i'll have to ask around i suppose. i think the tablets help stop the malaria from setting up shop in your blood if you get bitten. i'd imagine a few bites must be inevitable though, no matter how careful you are. which would be worse - malaria or liver fluke?

It depends where you're going.
Thailand, SEA, places like that I wouldn't bother.
India, Pakistan, I'd seriously consider it.
Africa... I'd be popping them like sweeties.
I don't know what your doctor mate is talking about Raudi.
Maybe he's referring to the fact that the malaria medication works by making your body inhospitable to the illness in its early stages, as in you'll still get malaria but in a mild form you can fight off.
I knew a guy who got a dose of it.
Put the shits right up me.
Anyway, no real way of avoiding getting bitten completely.
Long sleeve shirts and long trousers are a pain in the hole when you're sweating last night's beer in the tropics.

It depends where you're going.
Thailand, SEA, places like that I wouldn't bother.
India, Pakistan, I'd seriously consider it.
Africa... I'd be popping them like sweeties.
I don't know what your doctor mate is talking about Raudi.
Maybe he's referring to the fact that the malaria medication works by making your body inhospitable to the illness in its early stages, as in you'll still get malaria but in a mild form you can fight off.
I knew a guy who got a dose of it.
Put the shits right up me.
Anyway, no real way of avoiding getting bitten completely.
Long sleeve shirts and long trousers are a pain in the hole when you're sweating last night's beer in the tropics.
Oh shame on you, the doctor is a woman.

youre right , se asia, dont need em

real dirty places and africa i would

my friend caught it in india, all his money was nicked when he was out of it with fever

i got bitten millions of times

got me jabs today - painless! he'd given me three of the four before i realised he was actually sticking needles in me. no sign yet of the dizziness, nausea, headaches, diarrhoea, cramps or fever that he warned might follow. i went to Dr Ekky in drumcondra - nice jolly chap. cost €225 for hep A/typhoid, diptheria/tetanus/polio, yellow fever and hep B, have to go back for another hep b jab for €30. must ask him about rabies and meningococcal meningitis

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back