utv broadand (2 Viewers)

Anthony said:
what does this mean?
EUR29 vs EUR45 = the second one is more expensive
48:1 contention ratio vs 24:1 contention ratio = there's less users per line on the second one (makes it faster)
8GB download cap vs 16GB download cap = you can download more on the second one before they start charging you.

So.. with the second one, you can download more, faster, but it's more expensive.

Does anyone have any experience of UTV Internet as opposed to Eircom?
Not overly impressed with eircom's cost and service and thinking of a switch...

dudley said:
hey anthony, don't get it until you do the move.
you'll be charged a fortune for transferring to a new address.
UTV are doing a "three months free" offer. He could just say "nope, not happy" at the end of the three months, and order it again in his new place.

Napalm said:
Only with UTV dial up and they were fine, knew thier shit and were cheaps as chips.
ditto

with irishbroadband now - 512k/512k, 8:1 contention, no cap.... just waiting on my FREE upgrade to 1mb / 1mb now yeahhh

I've had UTV for about 6months now.

Its grand. had a bit of trouble for first few months where it wouldnt connect at peak times (6pm-9pm kinda thing). That hasn't happened in ages though.
They don't seem to enforce the cap. we've gone over it loads and they've never said anything.
on the whole they are good.
simp said:
Does anyone have any experience of UTV Internet as opposed to Eircom?
Not overly impressed with eircom's cost and service and thinking of a switch...

pete said:
ditto

with irishbroadband now - 512k/512k, 8:1 contention, no cap.... just waiting on my FREE upgrade to 1mb / 1mb now yeahhh
do you gotta have a great big poking external arial for Irish Broadband glued to the outside of your house?
i'm out by ballycoolin ind. est., where they got a big coverage area, just need a job to pay for the bb conn

pete said:
Was gonna roll with irishbroadband (just for their no cap thing), but I was told they weren't accepting any more city-centre accounts. The guy even said it in a "Fnar, we don't even NEED your business" kind of voice.

dudley said:
hey anthony, don't get it until you do the move.
you'll be charged a fortune for transferring to a new address.
ay
moving house/change of address - ISPs cannot handle it
you end up being charged on the double and will be forced to get the CEO's email address off boards.ie and email him directly to sort it out

that works btw

lmd64 said:
do you gotta have a great big poking external arial for Irish Broadband glued to the outside of your house?
i'm out by ballycoolin ind. est., where they got a big coverage area, just need a job to pay for the bb conn
yes. and no.

yes an aerial, but it's not big.

BnetB.jpg

The diamond thing is on a 3ft pole on me chimbley. A PoE cable runs down the back of me house and into one of them boxes what provides the power. The wee box in the picture is maybe 7x3x1.5 inches, i think, so that should give an idea of the size of the diamondysquarey thing on the pole.

pete said:
yes. and no.

yes an aerial, but it's not big.

BnetB.jpg

The diamond thing is on a 3ft pole on me chimbley. A PoE cable runs down the back of me house and into one of them boxes what provides the power. The wee box in the picture is maybe 7x3x1.5 inches, i think, so that should give an idea of the size of the diamondysquarey thing on the pole.
really?

Yea I'm in a non-broadband area now and with UTV dial up and they are fantastic. I want to get the broadband up and running as soon as we move.

utv braodband cuts off a lot these days. maybe they can't handle all the new people. it also goes slow a lot. it stopped me watching strongbad once.

hi eyelish,

it hasn't cut off on me in ages. maybe it depends where you are and how many preople are on the same line.
it is slower than I thought though.
eyelish said:
utv braodband cuts off a lot these days. maybe they can't handle all the new people. it also goes slow a lot. it stopped me watching strongbad once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back