US Presidential Elections 2008 (1 Viewer)

mccain_eyebrows.gif

The comment thread on that is possibly the most mind blowing/numbing thing ever. Every single post is anti-Obama.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

meh... hardly postworthy actually.
oooooohhhh look at the racists booga booga.

on the other hand.... the fucking state of them.

I got the impression that McCain really was floundering at this debate and frequently seemed to be repeating memorised passages. Obama was very impressive, very calm and focused and in control of the issues, and managed to handle all of McCain's attacks with ease. He clearly believes he has it in the bag. I think this was over as soon as Obama beat Clinton - McCain couldn't possibly be anywhere near as tough as her, and of course Obama won over a lot of admirers just by beating her. Plus McCain has the shadow of GW Bush hanging over him. If Obama doesn't win now there's something very, very wrong with the US.

I got the impression that McCain really was floundering at this debate and frequently seemed to be repeating memorised passages. Obama was very impressive, very calm and focused and in control of the issues, and managed to handle all of McCain's attacks with ease. He clearly believes he has it in the bag. I think this was over as soon as Obama beat Clinton - McCain couldn't possibly be anywhere near as tough as her, and of course Obama won over a lot of admirers just by beating her. Plus McCain has the shadow of GW Bush hanging over him. If Obama doesn't win now there's something very, very wrong with the US.

Whether he wins or not, there is.

Meanwhile, Barack Obama said he needed to correct some misconceptions about his background.
"I was not born in a manger. I was actually born on Krypton and sent here by my father, Jor-el, to save the Planet Earth," he said, in a reference to Superman.
He also listed his great strength as "my humility" and his greatest weakness as being "a little too awesome".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/us_elections_2008/7675278.stm

Meanwhile, Barack Obama said he needed to correct some misconceptions about his background.
"I was not born in a manger. I was actually born on Krypton and sent here by my father, Jor-el, to save the Planet Earth," he said, in a reference to Superman.
He also listed his great strength as "my humility" and his greatest weakness as being "a little too awesome".
Did he really say that? That's fucken hilarious!

Did he really say that? That's fucken hilarious!

Actually McCain was even funniy as well.

Obama has pretty good comic timing and a couple of the jokes were pretty close to the bone. He was slagging Gulliani for being a cross dresser.

There were a couple of jokes from Obama where I thought - fuuuuuck he'll never get away with that.

"If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome. One other thing, I have never, not once, put lipstick on a pig or a pit bull or myself. Rudy Giuliani, that's one for you. I mean, who would have thought that a cross-dressing mayor from New York City would have a tough time running the Republican nomination? It's shocking. That was a tough primary you had there, John."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back