US Presidential Elections 2008 (2 Viewers)

Brains.....
r1772410910.jpg

Missed it live (who knew Tulsa had an Octoberfest - so I spent the night in a big tent drinking free beer listening to a band play The Chicken Song 100 times.)

Watched the rerun

My notions of it may be clouded by weissbeer but it seemd to me to be a much better performance from McCain. He really is a very inelegant speaker and when he tries to be funny the comment just ends up hanging in the air, however he was much more lively and combative than in previous debates.

I thought Obamas "what I would say to that is" replies often looked like he was vacilliating slightly and playing for time.

Obama kept the same unflappable demeanour however he should have upped the tempo of his game slightly to match McCain.

The fucking plumber thing was ittitating beyond belief - I wanted to punch both of them. However there was one huge mistake by McCain; the "Joe you're rich" will come back to haunt him. If I were in Obama's campaign now I'd be putting together a series of add called "Do you feel rich Joe?" with images of foreclosures etc in the background.

I feel asleep before the social stuff so missed the abortion palaver. Just as well I guess.

It was'nt that punchy, but at least Barry stuck to the issues. The abortion topic was still a bit cloudy, but the McCain camp's dismal stance on it does the work for Obama without Obama having to do the work.

The moderator was a total winner. Great questions and nicely timed.

"let me end this debate by quoting my mother:

Now go and vote. You'll feel better."

I thought it was "Go Vote Now... It'll Make You Feel Big And Strong".

Or something.

How legend would it have been when Obama started talking about the abortion stuff, if you heard a lone distinctively Dublin-esque voice from the audience "WHAT ABOU' DE BAAAAYBIES CHOICE!!!!"

And we could all sit back in our chairs and tell everyone that we knew Janer back when he was still heckling the minor leagues.

ACORN Statement said:
We appreciate that Senator McCain's effort to stir up the Republican base by attacking a community organization working to increase public participation in our democratic process. However, these attacks reflect an increasingly panicked candidate; unfortunately the Senator McCain we saw tonight is very different than the Senator McCain who stood shoulder to shoulder with ACORN at a February 20, 2006 immigration reform event.

It is clear for us to see that John McCain was for ACORN before he was against ACORN; he was for reform before he was against reform; and he was a maverick before he became erratic. What is really going here is that Senator McCain and his allies are part of a coordinated effort to engage in what appears to be an unprecedented effort to suppress voter turnout. Repeating a lie doesn't make it true, and the McCain campaign has resorted to the worst type of deceptions in regards to ACORN."

The Facts:
- ACORN has helped 1.3 million citizens from all parties and all walks of life apply for voter registration.
- In most states, ACORN is required by law to turn in every voter registration card - even in cases where the cards are not valid.
- It is ACORN that has reported almost all of the issues regarding voter registration cards.
- Invalid voter registration cards do NOT constitute voter fraud. Even RNC General Counsel Sean Cairncross has recently acknowledged he is not aware of a single improper vote cast as a result of bad cards submitted in the course of an organized voter registration effort.
- ACORN hired 13,000 field workers to register people to vote. In any endeavor of this size, some people will engaged in inappropriate conduct. ACORN has a zero tolerance policy and terminated any field workers caught engaging in questionable activity. At the end of the day, as ACORN is paying these people to register voters, it is ACORN that is defrauded.

McCain wants to cut the corporate tax rate.
He quoted Ireland's rate in his argument.

We're, like, totally famous!!

So far, in the 3rd & final debate, they've mostly been talking about "Joe The Plumber".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back