US Presidential Elections 2008 (1 Viewer)

Super delegates are democrat delegates who have the privilege of not having to commit early on to one candidate or another. As such, they have more power as they can swing it for one candidate or the other in the event of it being 50/50, like it is now. They wear capes.

I've been reading Richardson essay on foreign affairs - good sensible stuff - I must say the more I see of the guy the more I warm to him.

American foreign policy must be able to cope effectively with these realities. We must reject both isolationist fantasies of retreat from global engagement and neoconservative fantasies of transforming other countries through the unilateral application of American military power. Our policy also must go beyond the balance-of-power realism of the last century. In this new, interdependent world, we need a New Realism -- one driven by an understanding that to defend our national interests, we must, more than ever, find common ground with others, so that we can lead them toward our common purposes.
Looking reality in the face also requires recognizing that because of the failures of the Bush administration, U.S. influence and prestige are at all-time lows. The damage is extensive: in an age of terrorism, when we need all the friends we can get, we find ourselves isolated. The Bush administration's policies have weakened our alliances, emboldened our enemies, depleted our treasury, exhausted our armed forces, and fueled global anger against us. From global warming to weapons of mass destruction (WMD) to the number of troops that would be needed to pacify Iraq, this president has preferred ideology to evidence. He has been unwilling to accept that leadership requires not just the power to destroy but also the power to persuade. Rather than doing the hard, patient, necessary work of strategic diplomacy, he has indulged the fantasy that he could reorder the world through unilateralism and bullying.

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20080101faessay87111/bill-richardson/a-new-realism.html?mode=print

ah jesus Nailer, I mean, I'm sure he's not all bad, but he's said some fucking amazingly brain dead stuff, and he seems a bit reactionary.
A lot of the dems fawn over him because he "has the latin vote", but, yeah, I still think on the whole Bill Richardson == untrustworthy gobshite.

I would take Hilary over Richardson.

ah jesus Nailer, I mean, I'm sure he's not all bad, but he's said some fucking amazingly brain dead stuff, and he seems a bit reactionary.
A lot of the dems fawn over him because he "has the latin vote", but, yeah, I still think on the whole Bill Richardson == untrustworthy gobshite.

I would take Hilary over Richardson.

I've seen him interviewed a few times - he comes accross as pretty straight. Seems to have a sense of humour as well. He seems very personable to me.

Didn't he say something about the Pakistanis along the lines of "they are not doing our bidding"?

He said almost exactly that.

He's basically a Republican. I didnt get why the Dems were all elbowing each other out of the way to give him head, until I realised the thing with his "delivers the Latin vote" buzz.

Hilary in whiny bleating shocker :
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/feb/19/uselections2008.usa

Although the Clinton campaign was unable to provide proof of systematic borrowing by Obama, they said it called into question his entire campaign, which has been based, in part, on soaring speeches.
"It raises questions about the premise of his candidacy," Howard Wolfson, Clinton's spokesman, told reporters in a conference call.
Campaign aides also accused Obama of copying Clinton's economic plan, which she released as a 13-page booklet yesterday.

Be strong Hil. BE STRONG!
Keep..<sniff>.. keep those <oh god> tears at bay... OH ITS SOOO UNFAIRRRRR BWAAAAAA I HATE YOU BARACK.
HATE YOU HATE YOU HATE YOU.

YOU JUST DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE!!!!
SOMETIMES ITS HARD... TO BE A WOMAN.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/feb/20/uselections2008.usa
"We can't just have speeches, we've got to have solutions, and we need those solutions for America," she said. "While words matter, the best words in the world aren't enough, unless you match them with action."

Actions like taking money from corporate lobbyists, sponsoring supporting a brain dead disgraceful war, lying in her campaign.

i know, vincent; it's uncanny -- it's almost as if they don't like him

Ah now, there's a difference between not liking a candidate and "accidentally" twice, on a nationally syndicated network, associating him with the most wanted man in America. It would be the exact same as having a backdrop of Josef Stalin whenever they run stories about McCain or Tom Cruise for Mike Huckabee.

Ah now, there's a difference between not liking a candidate and "accidentally" twice, on a nationally syndicated network, associating him with the most wanted man in America. It would be the exact same as having a backdrop of Josef Stalin whenever they run stories about McCain or Tom Cruise for Mike Huckabee.

don't have the energy to photoshop together the mccain-with-stalin-backdrop-on-fox-news montage; is johnnystress about?

Mrs Clinton said. "I hope it's kind of a just a passing fancy that people won't take too seriously."
Republican hopeful Mike Huckabee was much more welcoming:
"I think it always would probably pull votes away from the Democrats, not the Republicans, so naturally Republicans would welcome his entry into the race and hope that maybe a few more will join in,"

who the hell is still giving Ralph money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back