Timetable for Electric Picnic (1 Viewer)

anyone know what happened to Vitalic?
Boo hoo, standing there putting up with that cunt from everything but the girls excruciatingly boring house set into which he kept mixing 'aaahhhddd I miss YOUU like the desert miss the rain' while the horrid realisation that he was playing on and on into Vitalics set was not much fun. Bah.

Good time but, Kraftwerk were deadly, the place is lovely and even the fact a huge spider ran up my face didn't upset me too much.

The SIndo was saying how good the Nick Cave performance was in today's edition

anyway i believe the organisers of EP are idiots. up until a week before the festival, ticketmaster was selling bus tickets from shops tfrom destinations outside dublin for saturday & sundays and then in the last week they changed it from both days to just for weekend campers. what's the deal with that? it left many people who had tickets with a big dillemma at the last minute and meant that some weren't able to go

also if anyone looks at the EP website, it doesn't mention how it's only going up on saturday and returning on monday, does it? totally unsatisfactorily:mad:

by the sounds of it things were far better organised than last year, but we drove down so the bus issue didn't affect me at all, so that didn't annoy me. They do still need to work on it a bit though - putting the arcade fire and kraftwerk on in a tent was a nicht gut idea. We had fun though, the weather was lovely too. Just disappointed by Vitalic's no show.

Saw a 15-minute completely un-ironic live set from this little chap in the cinema tent on Saturday:

bastard.jpg

In an unexpected exception to the rule, he's much bigger in real life

kirstie said:
Just disappointed by Vitalic's no show.

What the fuck happened there? was at the bodytonic stage from 9.10 til 10.15 waiting for his techo ass.

Quality weekend tho.

Got the sister to come to stradbally and collect us at 11.30 cause the woman had to work this morning so missed nick cave which bummed but avoided the traffic and got my ass home like an early motherfucker .|..|

Anyone know what getting home was like last night?

Yeah it was much better orginised than last year, but not letting people with camping tickets into the campsite because it was full up is a bit shitty...

Kraftwerk were AMAZING. Managed to miss pretty much everything on sunday - was suffering from one step behind syndrome, every time I went to go see someone I was greeted by a mass of people leaving the stage/tent because the act was over. Bah. Anyone know anything about be your own pet? Saw them in the crawdaddy tent on sat afternoon, and thought they were rather spiffing...

Totally, dude.

It's pretty much why I went. I wasn't too fussed about anything else on BUT I REALLY WANTED TO SEE VITALIC.

Gaaahhaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhh

broken arm said:

kirstie said:
It's pretty much why I went. I wasn't too fussed about anything else on BUT I REALLY WANTED TO SEE VITALIC.

grrrrrr.

i hope the weather was good and the booze/drugs were flowing freely.

yeah the weather was ace. We only went for the sahurdahyyy like. Booze was budweiser piss, we got some MDMA. Bodytonic held a RAVE LIKE LADS in the car park after Kraftwerk finished but I'd about 60 thousand pints of BUD LIKE LADS in me at that stage so we tottered back to the 'B&B' (I use this term loosely) to collapse. Apparently it was deadly though, mates who went fell in the door at 9.30am yesterday morning and said it was only rapid.

broken arm said:
grrrrrr.

i hope the weather was good and the booze/drugs were flowing freely.

Wavioli said:
Kraftwerk were AMAZING. Managed to miss pretty much everything on sunday - was suffering from one step behind syndrome, every time I went to go see someone I was greeted by a mass of people leaving the stage/tent because the act was over. Bah. Anyone know anything about be your own pet? Saw them in the crawdaddy tent on sat afternoon, and thought they were rather spiffing...

Agreed Kraftwerk were the absolute highlight for me.

kirstie said:
yeah the weather was ace. We only went for the sahurdahyyy like. Booze was budweiser piss, we got some MDMA. Bodytonic held a RAVE LIKE LADS in the car park after Kraftwerk finished but I'd about 60 thousand pints of BUD LIKE LADS in me at that stage so we tottered back to the 'B&B' (I use this term loosely) to collapse. Apparently it was deadly though, mates who went fell in the door at 9.30am yesterday morning and said it was only rapid.
yeah, i had an unexpectedly fantastic time. got a lift down on saturday without a ticket, bought a 2-day-with-camping one in the carpark at the venue for a hundred quid. kirstie, i think the place must have been flooded with mdma (is that not just yokes in powder form?), everyone had it, we got loads too.

ok, highlights: kraftwerk, without a doubt (i missed flaming lips and everything else on the saturday night just to get in position for this, i had to stand all the way through royksopp and everything). the rednecks set was really great - people crowdsurfing at 2pm on sunday, cool. toots and the maytals were great in a happy showmanship way. lcd soundsystem were fantastic - my friends wanted to head off but i made them stay, they soon saw the error of their ways and we all proceeded to dance like fools.

there were other friends of mine selling food and drink in the "body and soul area" (fucking hippies) so i had a magical supply of refrigerated cans on sunday; i finished up sunday in there lying in the valley thing. then i got a bus back at 11 and got home by 12.30, and now i'm in work with a sore sore head. but fuck, yeah: kraftwerk! wow wow wow.

it's usually stronger cos it's not (supposedly) mixed with anything else. The stuff we got wasn't that greash now to be fair.

beetleonitsback said:
kirstie, i think the place must have been flooded with mdma (is that not just yokes in powder form?), everyone had it, we got loads too.

you lucky fuckers. i was sitting around on gear all on me lonesome own all weekend.

I had a great time myself, there was a really good vibe down there, much better then Oxygen due to lack of pikies and topless knackers. The weather was fucking great too although I now have a mad fear me and the lady may have turned into hippies after spending too much time in the peace and soul area!!

Kraftwerk, Royksopp, the rednecks and The Arcade Fire all floated my boat, I was really disappointed by Nick Cave and Mercury Rev, also with the fact that I didn't get to abuse James Cunt.

The food was well priced and there was a great selection however the beer ques and lack of Carlsberg did suck..

I drove home at 00.00 last night and was home by 01.30. I couldn't believe how quick I got home although if the motorway had been better sign posted it would have been quicker (Damn that detour through Lucan :( :( while trying to get to Malahide)

I'm in work now knackered and sweating at a ferocious rate..

pure mdma crystals/powder is a rare thing, and very expensive. i suspect the stuff going around at the moment is not pure.
also been reported have been "postcards" claimed to have been soaked in pure liquid mdma. this is untrue, it is in fact DOB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back