Ticketmaster/MCD are not very nice (3 Viewers)

I think the prices for gigs over here are more expensive than the UK, but they still fuck you in the ass whenever possible over there too, mostly using the 'delivery charge method'.

Instance 1 - ATP last year, booked tickets through see tickets, charged five or six quid sterling for recorded delivery. No option to pick up at box office. Tickets 'not ready in time to send out overseas'. I sent a mail to ATP asking if I could get my delivery charge back as as they did not deliver them. Suprisingly I dod not get a reply.

Instance 2 - Booking for gigs in Hyde Park 'Wireless' festival. Can only book them through ticketmaster. Unlike Ireland ticketmaster do not have outlets in shops in the UK anymore, so you HAVE to book through the website/phoneline. You do not get the option to collect the tickets from the box office. You HAVE to pay a £5 delivery charge PER TICKET to attend the event.

What I'm trying to say is prices are more expensive here, but when big companies are running things, and they have a product people want, they are always going to charge whatever they are going to get away with.

They must be using very expensive envelopes..

1d-black-4.jpg

heres some news :

Ticketmaster cleared of abusing dominant market position 16/03/2006 - 13:08:05
The Competition Authority has ruled that Ticketmaster is not abusing its dominant position in the Irish market. The body has also concluded that an exclusive agreement between the company and the Ireland's two largest event organisers, MCD and Aiken Promotions, does not prevent, restrict or distort competition.
The ruling follows a two-year investigation into the prices and booking fees charged by Ticket Master.
The investigation was prompted b y thousands of complains over high ticket prices and exorbitant booking fees charged by the company, which is Ireland's largest ticket agency.
Despite clearing the firm of anti-competitive activities, the Competition Authority did criticise the level of transparency about the booking fees that Ticketmaster adds on to ticket prices.

Looks like a protest's the only solution.. the law's an Ass as the saying goes!!

Ticketmaster Cleared of abusing Dominant Market Position
The Competition Authority has ruled that Ticket Master is not abusing its dominant position in the Irish market.

The body has also concluded that an exclusive agreement between the company and the Ireland's two largest event organisers, MCD and Aiken Promotions, does not prevent, restrict or distort competition.

The ruling follows a two-year investigation into the prices and booking fees charged by Ticket Master.

The investigation was prompted by thousands of complains over high ticket prices and exorbitant booking fees charged by the company, which is Ireland's largest ticket agency.

Despite clearing the firm of anti-competitive activities, the Competition Authority did criticise the level of transparency about the booking fees that Ticket Master adds on to ticket prices. Load of Bollix!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back