Thumped Guitar Players Rig Rundown (1 Viewer)

Call up to the space someday and you can. I generally have a bit of fuzz on that rig all the time myself.

Simple set up.
Orange Ad 140 head- (70's) Laney 4x12 + (70's) H&H 4x12
-Boost (Tube screamer clone by moose; ) Fuzz (Rams head clone? again Moose special)-Either Turbo rat or Digitech Deathmetal Distortion- T C electronic vintage delay- Mrx Flanger- Boss tu2-

on board put together earlier
P1010049.jpg

First one is SuperHardOn clone and second is a Meathead clone. :)

Pine board looks cool, I must get a try of that Flanger at some point..

Simple set up.
Orange Ad 140 head- (70's) Laney 4x12 + (70's) H&H 4x12
-Boost (Tube screamer clone by moose; ) Fuzz (Rams head clone? again Moose special)-Either Turbo rat or Digitech Deathmetal Distortion- T C electronic vintage delay- Mrx Flanger- Boss tu2-

on board put together earlier
P1010049.jpg

Guitar wise:
Squire Telecaster, Seymore Duncan Twinrail bridge/stock neck. C standard
P1010051.jpg

Squire Jagmaster. Seymore Duncan Distortion bridge/ Little '59 neck. C standard
P1010053.jpg

Ibanez rg 7321. Bareknuckle Warpig bridge/stock neck Dropped G
P1010052.jpg

current Bass pedalboard in the works...

bass_rig by mechanicalapple, on Flickr

My Bass board by mechanicalapple, on Flickr

haven't figured out how to wrap the orange vinyl on the two end planks of the board yet- upholstery type work is a fucking black art!

trying to find more info on mods to the VT bass, but most threads are just this one lad pimping all the mods he can do! I can do it myself with a schematic and a few hours off! (want to add a d.i out and a speaker sim kill switch)

also going to mod the filter for better bass player usage
it's getting there!

still playing and loving my Mustang bass that I bought in Jimi's,

bass by mechanicalapple, on Flickr
I need to go up a guage though as everything we do is tuned to E flat, so the low E is a bit floppy
I'm thinking flatwounds would be nice??

Size strings are you using now? I need to change my standard tuned bass from 105s back to 110s.

If you look up the schematic for the bass driver DI you'll have the schematic for an active DI out or you could ask me nicely to give you my layout when I get it done today. It's pretty straight forward.

I don't think there's any need for the speaker sim switch either it's basically just a hpf and lpf for frequencies you wouldn't want.

I need to go up a guage though as everything we do is tuned to E flat, so the low E is a bit floppy
I'm thinking flatwounds would be nice??

our lad only uses flatwounds. they are super smoothe but have less high end. if you play fingers only they are nice, they dont stand to plectrum sound as well.

Size strings are you using now? I need to change my standard tuned bass from 105s back to 110s.

If you look up the schematic for the bass driver DI you'll have the schematic for an active DI out or you could ask me nicely to give you my layout when I get it done today. It's pretty straight forward.

I don't think there's any need for the speaker sim switch either it's basically just a hpf and lpf for frequencies you wouldn't want.

Chief that would be fantastic!!
I'd read online that the speaker sim adds a load of extra high end, I guess I'll try it out and see how I go first

Chief that would be fantastic!!
I'd read online that the speaker sim adds a load of extra high end, I guess I'll try it out and see how I go first

Gimme a day or two and I'll send you on a layout, one I did yesterday has some extra stuff you don't need and probably won't fit. Where'd you read that about the speaker sim? Everything I've read and experienced has said it cuts high end and a little low end , more low end with the VT as it's designed to emulate an Ampeg 8x10 which cut a lot of lows. When I was using the Oxford I generally always have the sim on. Can give you a lend of that if you want to have a mess with it and see for yourself..

BD0kdX6CAAE5EiZ.jpg

2013 rig- strat is retired for a while (sadface).

Hondo 935

into
tuner -> line 6 thingy -> big muff by moose -> chorus (yes, yes i do)-> FAB shitty delay, set to slapback -> (moose again) SHO - DOD 250 (moose).

VHT special 6 (usually running 3w on this)
DIY 4ohm cab made from stereo speakers, savaged wood.
took FOREVER to figure out a way to make 5 speakers run at 4ohm

SG into JCM2000 thru 1960a cab.

One wire..no pedals adulterating the fucking signal.

Fucking whopper.

Wipe the fucking floor with all ur shite.

Your JCM2000 adulterates your signal more than all my pedals put together but sure who wants unadulterated guitar signal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back