Thumped Guitar Players Rig Rundown (3 Viewers)

Of course but you're not going to get anything dirty out of a Twin without pedals no matter no loud you have it..

I may have to stand corrected. We had one in Zafaranchos and couldn't get any dirt but we also couldn't bear to have the amp past about 6. Running vocals through it we've had it full blast and it was still clean so I guess the pickups in that Les Paul of his must have been super hot to drive the amp into that much overdrive?

Dunno,the speakers weren't stock supposedly. Johnny Thunders also used one. Loads of early punk bands used them in fact,although I can't think of exactly who just now.

Reading wikipedia (however trustworthy that is) it says speakers were stock for the album and it was run full tilt but I'd imagine the replacement speakers were really inefficient and/or broke up really easily.

I love the sound of a Twin clean and with a Tubescreamer or Fuzz in front of it. My Mace is a bit dirtier than a standard Twin.

i read it in an interview about how deadly a guitarist yer man was ages ago, basically whatever tracks were left on each song yer man multi-tracked the shit out of them with direct line in guitar that was distorting on the desk and they highlighted that he was such a tight rhythm guy that its sounds like just one or two.

Probably one of those who do you believe things,kinda like who played bass on it.

(I also just very embarrasingly spelt Bollocks wrong)

22082_10151193669461741_316280953_n.jpg

2001 US Jazz Bass > Korg Pitchblack > Custome drive > Dobsky Fuzz > Script Phase 90 clone > Boss HF2 Flanger > 1970 Sound City Mk3 Bass head (got original Mullards pres in there) > Peavey 1x15 w/Celestion Truvox 1525/ DIY 1x15 w/ same speaker as the Peavey but usually an Emmi Omega Pro.

Bass was 1000 USD, head was bout €200 all in, middle cab was traded for some soldering and speaker was €120 off ebay for a pair of them, bottom cab €100 with a speaker worth twice that alone. That speaker needs work so it has the other from the pair in there.

Have another empty 1x15 under all that and another loaded one up home. A couple more heads, basses and guitars around too.

I've not actually pushed it into dirt but it's not quite the spanky clean of it's close relative the DR103, still a beauty on guitar and clean up to 4/12 at least. I'll try it through the 4x12s and see where it breaks one of these days. I got it broken for 100 from a good friend and put in new caps and power tubes. 16 Ohm out doesn't work but that doesn't concern me at all.

22082_10151193669461741_316280953_n.jpg

2001 US Jazz Bass > Korg Pitchblack > Custome drive > Dobsky Fuzz > Script Phase 90 clone > Boss HF2 Flanger > 1970 Sound City Mk3 Bass head (got original Mullards pres in there) > Peavey 1x15 w/Celestion Truvox 1525/ DIY 1x15 w/ same speaker as the Peavey but usually an Emmi Omega Pro.

Bass was 1000 USD, head was bout €200 all in, middle cab was traded for some soldering and speaker was €120 off ebay for a pair of them, bottom cab €100 with a speaker worth twice that alone. That speaker needs work so it has the other from the pair in there.

Have another empty 1x15 under all that and another loaded one up home. A couple more heads, basses and guitars around too.

Fucking savage. there's not much else to say really

My favourite bass sound is that just breaking up thing Geddy Lee had going on in the 70's. Used to be able to get it with my old 50 watt Watkins Dominator, but it didn't have enough power for live use. A lot of the bass on the last corpo record was done through a Marshall Major. I'd image I'd be able to get that tone out of your rig. Would love to give it a whirl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back