Thread for the worst football ever played (4 Viewers)

The last 20 minutes or so of Betis vs Atletico. Absolute rubbish. Terrible tackles loads of niggle and face spitting. I have a lot of time for Atletico, They play a type of football I admire a lot, but since they lost to Real and Braca they've lost a lot of ambition, they remind me of Mourinhos Chelski now. This was nearly as woeful as the Madrid derby. Hopefully they grow up a bit before the CL next year.

I was on a team that regularly lost 5 or 6 nil when we started. We got better won a trophies and then started regularly hammering teams 10-0 Being a centre half in those games was no craic at all, you'd just be marking two opponents who wouldn't track back and just took the piss for the whole match, but they wouldn't go anywhere so we couldn't go anywhere. We played one side that celebrated winning a corner. It was fucking gas.

Why can't Wigan defend ?

They're great to watch going forward but every time the opposition cross the halfway line you're just wondering how exactly Wigan are going to shoot themselves in the foot.

Their whole defence is like a 6 year old playing FIFA with boxing gloves on.

Why can't Wigan defend ?

They're great to watch going forward but every time the opposition cross the halfway line you're just wondering how exactly Wigan are going to shoot themselves in the foot.

Their whole defence is like a 6 year old playing FIFA with boxing gloves on.

I hope they keep it up against us next week. I'd like them to stay up but at this stage I'd say they really need to hope Norwich heavily loose their next 2.

Today was the final day of Marc Van Bommel's career, fittingly he was sent off for a horrible and dirty tackle on an opponet. He will not be missed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Today was the final day of Marc Van Bommel's career, fittingly he was sent off for a horrible and dirty tackle on an opponet. He will not be missed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Some of his tackling looked like it was planned by Dublinbus alright. To be fair to him he did do well in a comparitively poor Bayern side When he first arrived. He passed it well and was good on the ball, box to box all that. As he got older and less mobile he got way more violent. It's a shame, he would have made a good centre half.

Ironically, ridiculously late as it is, I actually don't think he meant it that time!

Yeah that time
You are right though, he won't be missed, he's been a passenger at every club he's been at since 2010.

Fergie would have moved him back into the defense years ago, most of his problems stem from the fact he couldn't cover the ground anymore, you could see it there in that tackle. If he'd been moved to centre half he could at least have the game played in front of him for most of the match. I'd love to have a centre half like him actually because his passing between 5-30 yards is so good.

Except Jon Walters
You have to leave him on if for nothing else just this moustache

photo1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back