This old chestnut (1 Viewer)

billygannon said:
David Grubbs. Like Jim O'Rourke/Sea and Cake type stuff. John McEntire is drumming on Rickets and Scurvy. Buy the album this weekend.

Ewan... we need a records night ----> *INVITE ONLY*

david grubbs is indeed very very nice

"a records night"? pray tell? i need to hoover the hall first. and the sitting room.

mawldy it is

i could do with some records here in work today

i've had 3 calls since 11.30 due to the american power cut

*syke* .|..|

why is cex 'fake rap' ?
his hip hop stuff (average at best) is way better than his nth generation boring electronica he did when he was like 17 or whatever.

bonnie prince billy
new janes addiction one
drive like jehu
and various american cunts shouting pharmrcological terminology at me, the pricks.

billygannon said:
Ah no... only messing there... I meant Stakka Bo... ah no.. not really

Caprasettler...

um, not no more

Check out:
David Grubbs. Like Jim O'Rourke/Sea and Cake type stuff. John McEntire is drumming on Rickets and Scurvy. Buy the album this weekend.

That John McEntire out of Tortoise?

aye your on a Grubbsy tip these days, he gets a bit arty wank but then so does Jimbo Rourke. I listened to a song of his where it's just the sound of cars and him saying what they're called, it was actually not bad - more like an aural installation than music, if that makes any sense. Gastr del Sol's Camofleur is good in places so maybe I'll check him oot more.

Did you know Jim O'Rourke is Mary O'Rourke's son?

It's true.

snakybus said:
um, not no more

Here... you guys are playing the Ballroom. Listen...if you like Eureka.. and I know you like Eureka... then buy into Grubbs.

GrubbsGrubbsGrubbsGrubbsGrubbsGrubbsGrubbGruGrubGrubbsbsbbssGrubbsGrubbsGrubbsGrubbsGrubbsGrubbsGrubGrubbssGrubbsGrubbsGrubbsGrubbsGrubbsGrubbsGrubGrubbsGruGrubbsGrubbsbbsbsGrubbsGrubbsGrubbs

RAD-ALARM said:
why is cex 'fake rap' ?
his hip hop stuff (average at best) is way better than his nth generation boring electronica he did when he was like 17 or whatever.

ahem. i badly phrased that boyo. his stuff seems to concern itself with what he sees are "fakers", ie the media who jump on bandwagons and push people he reckons aren't "4 real"

i quite like his electronica, some of it is a bit bland, but some of the tracks on "oops..." are ver nice. especially "...bearer bonds" and "call me when you need some"

herv said:
ahem. i badly phrased that boyo. his stuff seems to concern itself with what he sees are "fakers", ie the media who jump on bandwagons and push people he reckons aren't "4 real"

i quite like his electronica, some of it is a bit bland, but some of the tracks on "oops..." are ver nice. especially "...bearer bonds" and "call me when you need some"

he just seems like a funny kid who listens to too much kool keith. (oh how i can relatE!) i don't like his beats very much though - way too clean. i have "rolemodel" and that bores me to tears..but that's probably more me than him. did i tell youze guysz about the time i stood beside SAGE FRANCIS!! at a poetry slam?!?!?! dude is totally fat.

andrew

RAD-ALARM said:
did i tell youze guysz about the time i stood beside SAGE FRANCIS!! at a poetry slam?!?!?! dude is totally fat.

fat... and shit.

I went down on Cameron Diaz (i.e. no I didn't)

i just think a lot of guys like him are running with the politics wayyy too much
he's a pretty amazing mc who's just saying a lot of really stupid shit lately. go figure.
some of those poetry slam guys are unreal...
total story teller shit. some of it was painful (in a bad way) 18 year old poetry.
annnyway

sarah said:
I've done absolutely nothing at all..
today *sigh*

think I'll pull a sicky and go home early!

for gods sake Sarah
this is the thread where we show off are fab and vaired taste in music
to impress the other geeks like
keep your belly-aching to every other thread on this damned board

The new R Kelly song "The Snake" is amazing

"Like to Gorrilas making love in a jungle"

Hey R!!

how's that underage sex scandal going for you dude?

The Last Post - Love Lost
Willie Nelson and Ray Price - Run That By Me One More Time
Shaolin Soul Vol. 2
Isaac Hayes - Best of
DJ Shadow - What i do in my bedroom vol. 1
Thea Gilmore
Avalanches - cornerstone mix

today i be listening to:
john cale - paris 1919
minnie riperton - les fleurs
boc - hi scores
gastr del sol - camofleur

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back