Foggy Notions presents An Evening With Daniel Johnston & Friends - July 27th, Whelans (1 Viewer)

Re: Foggy Notions presents An Evening With Daniel Johnston & Friends - July 27th, Whe

Really enjoyed the night, didn't catch mush of the support as I was floating around outside trying to offload a couple of tickets. Anybody without a ticket for tonight could probably get one pretty easily outside.

Solo set was very very short, he's pretty cagey with that guitar though not really into it to be honest. He's still very nervy and shaky but a hundred times more confident than when i saw him little over a year ago.

The set with the band was great though, really nice backing and a great set of songs for my money.

Still haven't seen him play a set on the piano though :(
That's the Daniel Johnston show i really want to see.

Re: Foggy Notions presents An Evening With Daniel Johnston & Friends - July 27th, Whe

he played piano on a few numbers last year, didn't he?...

Just the one
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx_IPSIXeQI"]YouTube - Daniel Johnston in Dublin 2007 - 11 July, Vicar Street 2[/ame]

who did norman blake cover again?... what song?... not the scottish folk song...

it was good...

thanks...

great song

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

that track almost reduced me to a sobbing mess last year. last night was great too. i haven't listened to teenage fanclub in about 10 years but norman blake's set was a real nice surprise. that new song he did was amazing. i got a bit worried when daniel's solo set finished so quickly but he seemed a lot more comfortable during the band set. oh, and jad fair rules

im gonna head down to whelans in about an hour and try and pay at the door.

Scout Niblett was good and during the last session when they were all on stage seemed to hold things together a bit cause Linkous looked to be on a different planet alltogether.

Did anyone else think he looks way way thinner and frailer than they remember.

I'd like to have heard Greviances and Living Life. Except for Fish I'm not mad about the rockier songs, even though they sounded great with a proper band.

Actually Teenage Fanclub did a great version of Fish at the Everett True version of this idea in London. This was a way better night than that - much less fawning and bullshit and 100% less Everett true.

What an amazing two nights

Babbled like a madman with Jad Fair after. Seriously sound & entertaining chap.

Got me photo with Norman Blake with him holding up his guitar that Daniel just signed, we were buzzin like a couple of fan boys about how amazing Daniel is, when I copped on to who I was talking too "Oh and by the way Teenage Fanclub are amazing too!" ha ha

Most bizarre part of the night for me was walking down Camden st and seeing Daniel walking up towards me and the wan. I says tentatively; "Hi Daniel" He says "Hi, How are you" and keeps going. Off on his own up Camden st away from Whelans. mazin

Actually Teenage Fanclub did a great version of Fish at the Everett True version of this idea in London. This was a way better night than that - much less fawning and bullshit and 100% less Everett true.

Wait, it's coming back to me.... editor of Melody Maker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back