This looks great - 0 Latency (1 Viewer)

MBOX, Korg Poly800, edirol usb MIDI box. Thats me.

Do have the output of your Poly 800 going back into your daw and this is where you have latency.

Or is it that the polys arp or step sequnecer isnt in time with your daws tempo?

Its just a case of dicking around with your soundcard settings and daw latency compensation.

If your sending midi out of your pc there is a latency there. If you have live audio coming in to the pc there is a latency there aswell. So your latency is the sum of this plus any other untold latency native to using a pc. Long story short if you find the lowest latency setting your sound card can work comfortable at and then manually adjust the latency componsation on your daw you should find something useable. Ive had to do this in ableton a few times- its awkward but doable.

yeah , I have checked all my setting but its always out...... must be cos its one of the 1st synths with MIDI.

quite the annoyance.....

:(

even when recorded back in its sounds iffy.......

erm

yeah , I have checked all my setting but its always out...... must be cos its one of the 1st synths with MIDI.

quite the annoyance.....

:(

even when recorded back in its sounds iffy.......

erm

That's really weird. Like Red_Dog says it's pretty easily fixed in any DAW.
I have pretty solid audio/midi timing in both Cubase 4 and Ableton 7 using my RME Multiface for audio and midi.
I can sync my MPC or DX200 up and record audio loops from either box into either DAW with no noticable latency.
There was a bit up fiddling around initially but not much.
I reckon you've got something else wrong in your setup.

sbneiders said the guy who supplies them has deopped off the face of the earth.....

i emailed him too; to no avail....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back