This could be the coolest game EVER (1 Viewer)

me too. It might be the thing to get me back into gaming so it might. the graphics look incredible.

From this month's Edge magazine:
There are surely few marriages better suited than that of Walter Hill's 1979 movie of gang warfare and New York-based publisher Rockstar Games - and the fruit of the union looks surprisingly good. We say surprisingly because this could easily have been churned out as an exercise in mindless thuggery, but, while there is an awful lot of skull cracking to be done in order to go with the territory, it's enlivened by minigames involving picking car locks in order to pilfer stereos, which in turn can be sold for cash, which itself is used to buy spraypaint, which is, obviously, the tool with which you leave your mark in rival 'hoods (in realtime, with the analogue stick). Then there are witnesses to deal with, stores to rob and more besides. And with licensed everything.

Thuggery!!!

the one problem i have with warriors the movie, and about a billion other people have pointed this out too, why wouldn't they just steal a car and drive home? so to have them breaking into cars to rob stereos to sell the buy spraypaint.......whaaaaat???
and everyone just steals spraypaint anyway - haven't they seen stylewars??? i mean jeez

oh and yes, i only like super realistic games that involved bubbles, bobbles, dizzy, egg, kilrathi, hagar, cripples with tooled up wheelchairs, the presidents daughter, etc etc

they have their reasons.
MONDOBRUTALE said:
the one problem i have with warriors the movie, and about a billion other people have pointed this out too, why wouldn't they just steal a car and drive home? so to have them breaking into cars to rob stereos to sell the buy spraypaint.......whaaaaat???
and everyone just steals spraypaint anyway - haven't they seen stylewars??? i mean jeez

External Menace
Cormcolash said:
Good thing you pointed that out.
lol

I watched this in school when they showed films 1ce a week and the whole class came out running across the main rd screaming out "warriors" etc etc
We were gonna take over the city!!!!

I should point out this was 1979 !ninjaaaa

/demos made me go goose pimlply and like some1 said if ever a games company was going to take the reins in developing this film it was surely made for Rockstar

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back