A Bandcamp Waiving Fees Day Thread (2 Viewers)

dunderhead

Second one of these today since this time last month. Admittedly didn't buy anything the last day but am planning on today.
Picked up the Junior Brother LP and a Jon Brooks digital release a while ago but intend to pick up a few bits throughout the day.
Surely, this has to be way more useful for musicians than RSD could ever be.

Any recommendations/purchases/good bundle offers etc. - add them to this thread

It's a pity you can't buy digital music via the bandcamp app.

Edit: just use Safari you idiot

Edit: just bought the new Windings rarities comp.

Last edited:
Finally actually bought the anna mieke album. I meant to buy it at a gig months ago but I read the poster wrong (thinking she was headlining) and landed in during her last tune three pints deeop and didn't have the stomach to buy the record that night.

I got three Emeralds digital releases - two OOP tapes that I don't have and a big live compilation of previously unreleased material. There were five other releases but I have them all. And a bundle of 7" singles, half of which I already own and the postage was way too much to buy it to get the ones I'm missing.

Arab Strap have just put a huge archive on there

Arab Strap Archive now open

Hello,

I hope you are well and managing the current "situation". I am "fine", stuck at home but keeping busy. As well as doing the usual writing and recording I've been working with Aidan Moffat in putting together our Arab Strap Archive. It began about a week into lockdown when I started clearing out boxes of old tapes and CDs I'd accumulated over the years. I sent some stuff to Aidan, then he started clearing out his stuff, and then files were flying to and fro and we started getting excited and thought it'd be good to make some of these recordings available.

There were hundreds to choose from but we've whittled it down to the 20 most interesting, which capture the essence of our numerous live formations, 4-track home demos and studio out-takes. Some stuff should probably NEVER BE HEARD, but we both felt that our 6 studio albums only really captured one aspect of the band. One thing these live gigs make clear is how the songs changed and evolved from the studio versions as we toured and grew into them. I've always enjoyed the fact that we didn't simply mimic the albums live, even if this took us down some disastrous paths, like playing punk-metal versions of lo-fi acoustic songs from our first album way back in 1996...

Anyway, it's all there for you to enjoy, 20 digital albums, name your price or just have them for free.

And seeing as it's bandcamp day (they are waiving their fees) I thought I'd better do something with my own music, so for today only you can use the code "andyoursongsareshite" and get 20% off everything in my shop/store. Physical and digital, go for it.

As always, thanks for your support over the years, hopefully I'll have news about new releases soon and will be able to tour again at some point.

Best wishes,
Malcolm.

Gonna get the new Necks album.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

whirling hall of knives have pay what you want release that goes to alone

Cian Nugent after putting up a London set from earlier this year containing new material, mentioned it might only be available for a short while

95492857_10157786540673791_4834263378463555584_n.jpg

Maybe a little expensive to buy from with Postal costs and they might even have better sales on their own website but still a couple of Sun Ra 7" and 10" for not to much

Thumped may go mad but also can it become sane again. Bandcamp can get a bit overwhelming it's sort thing I would take a break from or look in occasionally.

i never download music unless i'm sent it for free by the artist themselves.
i.e. i have five or less downloads on my computer and none on my old school phone.

if i want to hear music clips i just log onto bandcamp, you tube etc.
most obscure things i want to hear aren't on Spotify which for my
purposes is almost useless.

this is a 'just sayin' like' post.

How long before these bandcamp days become the new Record Store Day. It was already a bit silly season today on Twitter.

Yea I've been feeling that too- although the redeeming feature for me here is that it feels more about 'the music' than the fetishisation of vinyl which is a fucking scourge IMO. As there is no inherent value in a digital download, and it's generally possible to steal it for free if you want to- purchases on Bandcamp (at least digital) feel more about supporting musicians for their work rather than the feeding the hoarding (or reselling) instincts of alot of the RSD crowd. Still, the hard sell gets pretty thin after the 30th email flogging something or other..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back