The WTF Thread (2 Viewers)

Fucking Nora I had a sheltered upbringing.

Ditto
I knew nothing about this stuff either. I'm just slightly too young for it to have been normal life for normal people, and I guess easier to be collectively ignored. And that's a horrible thought when I look at my older relatives. The parents would watch the news over the 30 years and say and say "terrible shame", or whatever, I just can't process it all really.

Lots of my friends were raped by priests and brothers in scouts and school

I basically think that's kind of how it was for most kids in the 80s - you were raped or you were lucky

But maybe more people had it better than that

I basically think that's kind of how it was for most kids in the 80s - you were raped or you were lucky

I was going to start talking about that side of things, but then I thought, it's tangential to what other people have been saying.

But since you've brought it in, I went to a priestly school. Never heard about anything like that. Ever. Physical abuse:loads back in the day, before my time, the lads gave it back though. Petrolbombed a priests car once.

I've also worked in a private psychiatric hospital. I was once sent into the archives to find some particular patient records. I recognised some names. That was a shocker I will say.

if that had happened to me I'd be in jail (or psychiatric hospital) for the murder of my abusers.

''...respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery''

never heard of sexual abuse until it all blew up in the early/mid 90's.
lots of slapping and being hit in the head very occasionally.
very very little bullying from other kids - not worth talking about really. respect to my peers.
by Irish standards I got very lucky.

Fuck air BnB. We've not gone on holiday with Eoin since the very early part of his diagnosis. Because of the rarity and expense of accessable places to stay and visit.
If they had issue they would be better talking to the owner(is that the right person?) I'd hate to think it would be one less accessable place for those on need to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back