The WTF Thread (1 Viewer)

I was going to start talking about that side of things, but then I thought, it's tangential to what other people have been saying.

But since you've brought it in, I went to a priestly school. Never heard about anything like that. Ever. Physical abuse:loads back in the day, before my time, the lads gave it back though. Petrolbombed a priests car once.

I've also worked in a private psychiatric hospital. I was once sent into the archives to find some particular patient records. I recognised some names. That was a shocker I will say.
I went to a school run by nuns in the heart of rural Ireland in the '80s and friends went to a Christian Brothers where the physical abuse was obviously very common, even after corporal punishment was banned. But what was weird is how the sexual abuse was sort of common knowledge, which is mental when I look back on it. As in such-and-such a priest would have his hands all over you in confession (when it was in a room, not a confession box) "hahaha, he's definitely one of them". It's only when I was a teenager that I started experiencing people - progressive sorts, really - expressing outrage by it. I was I guess fortunate to escape it all. Also, a nurse friend of mine worked in a centre for certain disorders in the early 2000s and the 'paedophile wing', such as it was, was predominantly priests.

I went to a school run by nuns in the heart of rural Ireland in the '80s and friends went to a Christian Brothers where the physical abuse was obviously very common, even after corporal punishment was banned. But what was weird is how the sexual abuse was sort of common knowledge, which is mental when I look back on it. As in such-and-such a priest would have his hands all over you in confession (when it was in a room, not a confession box) "hahaha, he's definitely one of them". It's only when I was a teenager that I started experiencing people - progressive sorts, really - expressing outrage by it. I was I guess fortunate to escape it all. Also, a nurse friend of mine worked in a centre for certain disorders in the early 2000s and the 'paedophile wing', such as it was, was predominantly priests.
Same
We generally warned each other about which priests and brothers were "after your mickey"

I don't think I fully understood - as a kid - what was going on to do or say anything about it

Life as a shorty shouldn't be so rough.

This guy is so far gone I wondered if it was real or not

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can you imagine the car collision was not intended; they fled the scene and are now sitting at home having found out they accidentally killed a murderer? That'd be a bit of a headfuck.
strangely in Ireland circa 1992 a guy was killed after running straight out of his house and getting hit by a car on the road.
when the house was entered there were more (recently murdered) bodies inside.
can't remember anymore details but this kind of case would have been almost unheard of then.

the Liveline crew always loved talking about this stuff.

strangely in Ireland circa 1992 a guy was killed after running straight out of his house and getting hit by a car on the road.
when the house was entered there were more (recently murdered) bodies inside.
can't remember anymore details but this kind of case would have been almost unheard of then.

the Liveline crew always loved talking about this stuff.
In more recent times 2 lads broke into a house in Limerick or Clare (I think), to burgle it. When they were in there they found 2 corpses in the bed. One of them was someone who had been on the run from the law for years. The lads had to turn themselves in, cos they knew forensics would show they'd have been in the house when the bodies would be eventually found. Mad story.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And maybe Edward Norton will be there by the fire
We'll sit and talk of Hollywood and the good things there for hire
And the Astrodome and the first teepee Edward Norton, Pocahontas and me
From the movie? What next, Ryan Gosling is Buzz Lightyear's uncle? Madness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back