The Worst Thing About Dublin (2 Viewers)

brendan_behan_nywts.jpg

on Dublin there and what everything is named after and that.

I'm reading a book on the 1916 Rising. I never did history in school so never knew this stuff. But basically most of the people involved in the Rising were morons. Those that weren't got stuff named after them. Like Heuston station.

so there.

on Dublin there and what everything is named after and that.

I'm reading a book on the 1916 Rising. I never did history in school so never knew this stuff. But basically most of the people involved in the Rising were morons. Those that weren't got stuff named after them. Like Heuston station.

so there.

I learnt anything I needed to know from

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

you can, eh, watch that when you get home as well

Last time I was in letterkenny a passing motorist leaned out of his car to jeer at me

for wearing sunglasses

the last time I was in letterkenny I was staying in a hotel there beside one of those roundabouts on the Lifford road on the way into the town (before the college).

when I set off to head back to Dublin I decided I needed petrol, so I headed towards the town to get petrol. The garage was about 100 yards from the hotel. But there was a garda checkpoint, breathalising people. They stopped me and breathalised me. Fair enough. This was about 8am on a sunday morning.

On I went, the extra 20 yards to the garage, only to find out it was closed. So I headed back the way I came, towards Lifford/Dublin. But I had to go through the garda checkpoint again. The same checkpoint, the same garda, and the feckers breathalised me again, about 3 minutes after my previous test.

true story (ish - distances may be slightly exaggerated).

the last time I was in letterkenny I was staying in a hotel there beside one of those roundabouts on the Lifford road on the way into the town (before the college).

when I set off to head back to Dublin I decided I needed petrol, so I headed towards the town to get petrol. The garage was about 100 yards from the hotel. But there was a garda checkpoint, breathalising people. They stopped me and breathalised me. Fair enough. This was about 8am on a sunday morning.

On I went, the extra 20 yards to the garage, only to find out it was closed. So I headed back the way I came, towards Lifford/Dublin. But I had to go through the garda checkpoint again. The same checkpoint, the same garda, and the feckers breathalised me again, about 3 minutes after my previous test.

All "outsiders" look the same

Last time I was in letterkenny a passing motorist leaned out of his car to jeer at me

for wearing sunglasses

it was me. what is this sun you speak of??

distances are accurate. it was your own fault for not knowing that you could get petrol without going back into town.

distances are accurate. it was your own fault for not knowing that you could get petrol without going back into town.

I did learn this subsequently. There was another garage out the road alright. I shan't make that mistake again if I'm ever back in Letterkenny, staying in that hotel, leaving on sunday morning at 8am, and in need of petrol

in fairness, there isn't room on the internet to document my driving fuck ups in dublin. i'll just summarize the whole sordid affair by referencing that one time at 6am somewhere between swords and town where the cop said 'thats not a 4 x 4 your driving'.

Not really a Dublin specific thing but I hate it when multi-story department stores have escalators that aren't properly laid out so you have to cross an entire floor each time just to get the next escalator upstairs. M&S on Grafton street does it correct. M&S on Henry/Mary Street does it wrong.

Not really a Dublin specific thing but I hate it when multi-story department stores have escalators that aren't properly laid out so you have to cross an entire floor each time just to get the next escalator upstairs. M&S on Grafton street does it correct. M&S on Henry/Mary Street does it wrong.

Aren't they generally laid out so you can easily get up but have to pass by their wares on the way down?

I would have thought that was standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back