The World Cup!! (1 Viewer)

Ah now...

Police arrest cement soccer ball pranksters
Wed Jul 5, 2006 2:09 PM ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - Police in Berlin said on Wednesday they had arrested two men on suspicion of placing cement-filled soccer balls around the city and inviting people to kick them. At least two people injured themselves by kicking the balls, which were chained to lampposts and trees alongside the spray-painted message: "Can you kick it?"

Police said they had identified a 26-year-old and a 29-year-old and had found a workshop in their apartment where they made the balls. The two are accused of causing serious physical injury, dangerous obstruction of traffic and causing injury through negligence, police said.

Berlin hosts the World Cup final Sunday.

Thank fuck I'm watching the final in Cork so I get to listen to the RTE commentary. John Motson's voice on the BBC does my fuckin head in. Such a waste too, the guy who commentates for BBC 5 Live is a better commentator in every way, they should have him doing the TV stuff.
In comparison to Motson, George Hamilton is a genius. Danger here.

Cormcolash said:
Thank fuck I'm watching the final in Cork so I get to listen to the RTE commentary. John Motson's voice on the BBC does my fuckin head in. Such a waste too, the guy who commentates for BBC 5 Live is a better commentator in every way, they should have him doing the TV stuff.

I miss Barry Davis, he was always my favourite commentator.

5punts.jpg

Cormcolash said:

In fairness to George, he's about the only commentator who puts any effort into pronunciation of names. Darragh Moloney the other night with his calling Kehl "Keel" was quite irritating.

au revoir zizou - one of the greatest players ever. awful way to go, but an understandable reaction to that fucking donkey materazzi. so disgusted with that - the italian team were fucking great, all very decent and friendly with the french - but that fuckhead had to ruin it and be a bigot.

still, happy the italians won. was a tight game. amazing peno from zz although it was a dive from malouda!

delighted zidane got golden ball though - dude is a human being and has a temper like anyone. still a stunning player and the best on that pitch last night.

So stupid from Zidane.. surely the best way by far of getting revenge for whatever that dickhead said would have been to deprive him of a winners medal? France were on top for the whole last hour of the match, they could have easily scored at the end if they'd have had a full team. Not much of a final though, I imagine those that dislike football could easily take it as evidence for it being a largely unexciting sport for cheats and thugs. Bad way to end a pretty good tournament.

avernus said:
Materazzi called him a terrorist.

I suppose if FIFA want to be consistent in being anti-racist, they should take Materazzi's medal from him.
And give it to Zidane.

billygannon said:
I suppose if FIFA want to be consistent in being anti-racist, they should take Materazzi's medal from him.
And give it to Zidane.

If only. Matrix may have scored, but he's a cunt and should never have been on the squad. even at the cost of my 100euro win - i'd prefer to have not seen that happen.

billygannon said:
And give it to Zidane.

Agreed.

I was expecting the French media to go apeshit at all and sundry today but everything I've read so far has been fairly restrained.

Quelle surprise.

Italy definitely didn't deserve to win anything on account of their very homoerotic team photo shoots. One can only imagine how the bulbous gold trophy will be deployed - the World Cup may go from a dazzling gold to a ruddy bronze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back