The Techno Thread (2 Viewers)

I saw Lenny D, Adam X and Frankie Bones last weekend. (None of whom I'd ever heard of but I'm assured they are somewhat reknowned).
Some of it was pretty awesome. Some left me non-plussed. But I'm not such a big techno fan, eh?

I used to go to their record shop in New York all the time. Sonic Groove. Sound cats. All the Detroit shit was dirt cheap there.

Just up the road from VinylMania as well which was a truly legendary record shop. Both closed now....

Good techno gig next Friday July 10th in Kennedys:

Test Industries present OVR (Regis & James Ruskin)

Liveset from 2008 here

think there was some mention here before of stuff that was a crossover between techno and dubstep if i remember rightly. going off topic a little bit but i picked up this at the weekend http://www.discogs.com/Various-All-Night-Long-EP-2/release/1792335
more like a cross over between dubstep (and dub techno too i guess) and house. thought it was in the wrong section in the shop but indeed it wasnt... well worth a listen.

think there was some mention here before of stuff that was a crossover between techno and dubstep if i remember rightly. going off topic a little bit but i picked up this at the weekend http://www.discogs.com/Various-All-Night-Long-EP-2/release/1792335
more like a cross over between dubstep (and dub techno too i guess) and house. thought it was in the wrong section in the shop but indeed it wasnt... well worth a listen.
Downloaded the compilation those tracks are from a while back. Martyn, along with the Appleblim & Ramadanman collab. were highlights for me. Sticking in that Techno/Dubstep area, this Scuba release is great..

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/355319-01.htm

Pretty sure there's a sample of Good Life going on in that first track too.

Heard a few tracks of his(?) on a mix a while ago and was seriously impressed.
I know he releases as Terre Thaemlitz as well, but haven't been too impressed with any of that. Really can't recommend the Sprinkles stuff enough though. Good remix of one of the tracks off Midtown 120 Blues by Motor City Drum Ensemble.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

On my second listen to Vertical Ascent album now.
Not sure what I make of it yet. The last track is stunning but the rest is a bit 'meh' to my ears so far.

I really like the album I must say. Very different to anything I've heard. I love the way it has a very "room" sound rather than the spacious dubbed out sounds you'd associate him with. Like the whole mallet action too. Quite a jazzy vibe off it actually. Not in a jazz chord way, but just the wayward style of it.

had a listen when i got home from work last tuesday. fell asleep during pattern 1 and didnt surface til the next morning. is pattern 2 gonna put me into a coma?
will listen properly today. the interview in wire is worth a read too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back