The Techno Thread (1 Viewer)

A few classics from Detroit
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

never heard that star dancer thing before. class!
havent heard hi tech jazz in yonks.
must dig out suburban knight's my sol dark direction. gathering dust with the majority of my cds. someone sent me collaboration alpha ages ago... downtempo, beautiful.

strange one this weekend. had really high hopes for hood friday night. thought his set started off great. really slow n deep. i think he played round three at one point as well. found it hard to get into it cos of the amount of people standing on the dancefloor talking to their buddies. i've never understood why you'd go to a band or espec a dj to shout over the music at your friends. music wasn't loud enough to drown it out anyway. would love to see him again but friday just wasn't for me, it didnt seem like people were that into it. maybe i just need to adjust my expectations. got one of the cds but havent listened yet.
saw ellen allien last night. thought she wasnt up to much in spy last year but a few of us went anyway. had a great night. music was great, really enjoyed hearing a varied set that wasnt all the one sound. she played that tony lionni tune a few pages back. i remember some acid electro sounding stuff too. everyone was really into it. sound in there is unreal as well. only caught bits n pieces of the guys downstairs unfortunately.

strange one this weekend. had really high hopes for hood friday night. thought his set started off great. really slow n deep. i think he played round three at one point as well. found it hard to get into it cos of the amount of people standing on the dancefloor talking to their buddies. i've never understood why you'd go to a band or espec a dj to shout over the music at your friends. music wasn't loud enough to drown it out anyway. would love to see him again but friday just wasn't for me, it didnt seem like people were that into it. maybe i just need to adjust my expectations. got one of the cds but havent listened yet.
Was funeral-ing it up this weekend, so had to give Hood a miss. Had the same problem with people talking at Omar-S but the music got progressively louder so it stopped being an issue. That's a real shame though. I think he's a great dj. Give us a report on the cd, interested in finding out what it's like. Next big night for me is I-F, towards the end of May. Can't wait for that.

Was funeral-ing it up this weekend, so had to give Hood a miss. Had the same problem with people talking at Omar-S but the music got progressively louder so it stopped being an issue. That's a real shame though. I think he's a great dj. Give us a report on the cd, interested in finding out what it's like. Next big night for me is I-F, towards the end of May. Can't wait for that.

yeah ive had a few nights in the twisted pepper like that, which is why saturday turned out to be such a pleasant surprise. never in a million years thought id have a better night at ellen allien over rob hood, regardless of when or where it was on.
the cd is mostly deep dub techno stuff. there is a track with the vocal from round three on it, prob whatever he played friday night. i was mad into dub techno stuff last summer and woulda absolutely loved this if i'd heard it then. its really good but i listened to a shitload of that stuff last year so ive kinda had my fill of it. you can download it here anyway http://rapidshare.com/files/1743612...on_-_The_Grey_Area_Mix__V0___Techno_.zip.html

yessssssssssssssssssss

love this song (sometimes)

I was doing some searching on youtube the other day for tracks from 2000/2001 when i first got into techno in a big way. Some favourites:

Interesting looking track list, gonna give that a listen now. Went off
Dubstep completely for a good year and a half but gotten back into
it in a big way this year. Some really exciting stuffs been released
over last couple months.

I saw Lenny D, Adam X and Frankie Bones last weekend. (None of whom I'd ever heard of but I'm assured they are somewhat reknowned).
Some of it was pretty awesome. Some left me non-plussed. But I'm not such a big techno fan, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back