The talking about Arsenal FC thread (1 Viewer)

This is pretty hilarious.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not really sure I want to watch that. I have the memory of Neville kicking the fuck out of Reyes and Rooney's dive seared into my brain as it is. Don't need more.

You don't. Neville and Ferdinand should have gone. Actually Rooney could have gone too, he should have had a yellow for kicking Reyes already and the dive would have been the second.

Left it late today, penalty that brought us level was (correclty) awarded by the lino 50 yards away, which upset Colin Wanker on the BBC, which makes it even sweeter.
It was the softest penalty of the season and it wasn't even a corner which lead to the penalty. The Linesman had a shite couple of minutes there.

Walcott, Podolski and Ox made a world of difference when they came on. I don't see what Gervinho and Ramsay do exactly. What does Rosicky have to do to start more ? I suppose a hat trick last week would have been handy.

Walcott, Podolski and Ox made a world of difference when they came on. I don't see what Gervinho and Ramsay do exactly. What does Rosicky have to do to start more ? I suppose a hat trick last week would have been handy.

Gervihno, when he's good stretches the pitch and creates space for Cazorla and Wilshire to operate in. He's normally shite though. Ramsey has actually played pretty well in the last month, but the stuff he does is not really the kind of things that make it onto the highlight packages, won more tackles than anyone else on the pitch yesterday. He does tend to slow the passing down a bit.

Rosicky has hamstrings made out of twine and is injured again. He's another player who could have had a great Arsenal career if he could stay fit. We press far more effectively with him in the side and he's one of the few midfielders we have, along with Wilshire and Diaby who can carry the ball forward from midfield.

Gervihno, when he's good stretches the pitch and creates space for Cazorla and Wilshire to operate in. He's normally shite though. Ramsey has actually played pretty well in the last month, but the stuff he does is not really the kind of things that make it onto the highlight packages, won more tackles than anyone else on the pitch yesterday. He does tend to slow the passing down a bit.

Rosicky has hamstrings made out of twine and is injured again. He's another player who could have had a great Arsenal career if he could stay fit. We press far more effectively with him in the side and he's one of the few midfielders we have, along with Wilshire and Diaby who can carry the ball forward from midfield.

I watched it live and didn't notice Ramsay do anything except slow things down, I see your point though, didn't know Rosicky is injured again, when Arteta, Rosicky and Wilshire play Arsenal look really strong in possession, though they probably could get out muscled a bit. Can still see Fellani going to your lot and you winning trophies.

Gervinho is shite way more often than not.

Decent point tonight, Everton are a good side. Good spell for the final 25 but we didn't make Howard work much. Said I'd take 5-7 points from this run of 3 fixtures before Spurs play again and we're on course for that. Thought the ref was very lenient though, Gibson lucky to stay on in the first half. Jagielka very good for Everton, Gibbs probably our MOTM, washingcattle; bit more impressed with Ramsey tonight? Thought he won a decent number of challenges, didn't give it away under pressure and passed quite well.

Barkley, if he could impose himself more on a game, looks a really good prospect, flitted in and out a bit.

Decent point tonight, Everton are a good side. Good spell for the final 25 but we didn't make Howard work much. Said I'd take 5-7 points from this run of 3 fixtures before Spurs play again and we're on course for that. Thought the ref was very lenient though, Gibson lucky to stay on in the first half. Jagielka very good for Everton, Gibbs probably our MOTM, washingcattle; bit more impressed with Ramsey tonight? Thought he won a decent number of challenges, didn't give it away under pressure and passed quite well.

Barkley, if he could impose himself more on a game, looks a really good prospect, flitted in and out a bit.
Gibbo probably should have gone alright, If he'd been Johnny H he would have, two clear bookings but I think he drew the short straw with the first booking on account of the fact that it was a two man foul so maybe he got the benefit of the doubt on the "second" one. Yeah was very impressed by Ramsay tonight, the game was kind of set up for him though. If Rosicky had played he would have snapped in two by some of our tackling. Gibbs did well, Gibbo and Fella did well making sure that Arteta and Wilshire never got any kind of rhythmn going. Mertasacker and Koiseilny did well against the human battering ram that is big Vic but our service to him tonight was very very poor. Coleman was our stand out performer, growing as a defender and really cool on the ball. But to be fair both defences were excellent tonight. Miralles, Pienaar, Anichebe and Barkley for us and Cazorla, Wilshire, Walcott and Giroud for you, never really got any time or space. Exactly the same as last season except both times RVP scored with volleys most people would have skied. Fascinating and evenly matched. Impressed by Arsenals ability to do the tough stuff, but they always do at this stage of the season. We looked a bit tired Baines looks like he could do with a month off at the moment.

Overall a bad point for us and good one for you in the bigger picture. We took 4 points off Spurs this season and we have to play Chelski on the final day so it's all to play for as far for you, I think the Europa League is a fairer representation of where we are in the greater scheme of things.

One question though is Oxlade Chamberlaine carrying a knock ? surely he should start more games no ? He looked bright when he came on.

One question though is Oxlade Chamberlaine carrying a knock ? surely he should start more games no ? He looked bright when he came on.

Not that I'm aware of, he hasn't played all that much this season and when he has he hasn't been brilliant. I don't know if it's a case of Wenger not wanting to bring him on too fast or that he needs to add some things to his game because he's been figured out after a good 1st season.

Everton aren't totally out of the CL hunt I don't think, but you'll probably have to not drop a point for the rest of the season Spurs and Chelsea have fixture lists that I could see them dropping points in. It's the sort of run that would absolutely mean you deserve to be there.

I'm relatively confident that we'll finish top 4 at this point. We've a very tough fixture on Sunday week at home to United. Otherwise it's away to Fulham, QPR, and Wigan which is on the Tuesday after the cup final, and away to the toon on the final day. Not a horrible run in.

Oh, thought it was funny tonight when they cut between shots of the 2 managers, they looked like a before and after pic for someone who has started taking SSRIs. About all I could tell them about with was AW's grey hair and DM's crazy eyes.

Not that I'm aware of, he hasn't played all that much this season and when he has he hasn't been brilliant. I don't know if it's a case of Wenger not wanting to bring him on too fast or that he needs to add some things to his game because he's been figured out after a good 1st season.

Everton aren't totally out of the CL hunt I don't think, but you'll probably have to not drop a point for the rest of the season Spurs and Chelsea have fixture lists that I could see them dropping points in. It's the sort of run that would absolutely mean you deserve to be there.

I'm relatively confident that we'll finish top 4 at this point. We've a very tough fixture on Sunday week at home to United. Otherwise it's away to Fulham, QPR, and Wigan which is on the Tuesday after the cup final, and away to the toon on the final day. Not a horrible run in.

Oh, thought it was funny tonight when they cut between shots of the 2 managers, they looked like a before and after pic for someone who has started taking SSRIs. About all I could tell them about with was AW's grey hair and DM's crazy eyes.

Our run in has us playing Liverpool away where we haven't won in 15 years and Chelski away where our record is equally abysmal. All things considered we aren't a CL level side. The squad is far too small and technically we don't have enough going forward. If we got into the group stage and ended up in with likes of Basel, Ajax, Atletico, Betis, Napoli, Benfica, and a really top side we'd get destroyed.

In the Europa league you at least come up against those sides over 2 legs in the "anything can happen" stages of the competition and I'd back us to do okay. That's not to say that I think Arsenal are any better than us. I said earlier this season that there is less difference between the top 6 or 7 sides in the PL than there ever has been, I stand by that, but it has to be said that as competative as it is it's not up to the standard it was at when all 4 english qualifiers would be in the quarter finals of the CL every year and there was always a gap of about 10-15 points between Liverpool in 4th and us or Villa in 5th. We're closer to the top 4 now and we have improved so have Spurs but Liverpool, Chelski and Arsenal have all been in decline for a while now.

Sorry, Wigan is at home.

For my sins I just did this yoke ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm

We come 4th behind Chelsea, Stoke go down.
Dangerous business that yoke I did it once and had us in 4th, we finished 6th.

Oh I meant to say in the above post that it's fucking ridiculous that Wigan and Swansea will be actually playing Europa league next season Especially since it could be Cheski, Arsenal or Spurs in the other spot and they probably won't even want the spot. I've said it before but I think there should be a play off either home and away or a big day out at wembley to decide it. At the very least you can show your arrogance more clearly - if you finish 5th and feel like deferring your place you can do it in one match by putting your under 21s and not bothering to sell any tickets instead of pissing and moaning about playing on a thursday like a cunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back