The talking about Arsenal FC thread (2 Viewers)

He's got a year left on his deal and the wording of his statement tonight sort of makes his position untenable so I assume he'll be gone by the end of the current transfer window, and that will drive his value down, I would sooner have him be sold to a foreign club for less than he's worth than to another PL side.

I hope this Giroud dude we bought from Montpellier works out a lot better than Chamakh did, and that Podolski doesn't take his Euro's form into the new season because that's looking like 2 of our starting front 3 from now on.

Walcott is actually in the same boat as RVP, 12 months on his deal as well, but that situation is getting much less coverage for obvious reasons.

Taking a long term and pragmatic look at things/trying to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear ...

Ultimately where I want the club to be is at the top of the table, making genuine title challenges, maybe even winning the odd one, I don't think for a club like Arsenal that's a wholly unrealistic ambition but we're currently a good bit away from that situation right now, and realistically we're 2-4 years away from that at best, if everything went right for us in terms of players staying fit and whoever comes in turning out to be a good purchase. In 2-4 years RVP will be 31-33, is he really going to be a part of that long term picture then? And even to turn things around in that time frame there are also plenty of other issues that need sorting.

Where the club is at this particular time though, it's not a good thing to lose him. Hopefully the money will go towards the parts of the squad that needs addressing, those being cover at RB/GK, perhaps also centre back, and maybe also someone who can start in midfield in an anchor role.

Good performance in the final pre-season game yesterday, Cazorla looks like a super player. Regardless of the RVP situation I'm cautiously feeling good about the season kicking off.

Cazorla is a great buy. Arsenal are definitely well equipped if RVP does one. Much better situation than the last two seasons. I've dropped strong hints to the missus that she could take us to the Liverpool match at the Emirates for my birthday... fingers crossed.

tikitaka.gif

I think it just moved.

It's Gervinho's fault that Gerninho is shit.

Yup.

I'm starting to hate the league cup more and more. It's a bit of a pain in the hole really. 3 of the last 4 are now Bradford, Swansea and Aston Villa. Meaning 1 of them will qualify automatically for europe if they get to the final. What's annoying about it is that you can win the competition by beating the second string of the top sides in England in what 5 matches ? Whereas let's say Everton for example play the top sides first string week in week out 38 times finish 6th and miss out completely. It's fucking ridiculous. I think the FA cup winners should get a european place fine but this nonsense of losing the league cup and still getting to a europa league spot is crazy. Maybe a playoff would be a fairer system. More exciting too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back