The talking about Arsenal FC thread (2 Viewers)

Silvestre scores!

That must mean ::clef::::clef::we're gonna win the league! ::clef::
::clef::
::clef::::clef::we're gonna win the league! ::clef::::clef::

Looking forward to tonight??? What team will we put out? Looks like these lads are on their way anyway.....
gun__1270544015_training05042010_03.jpg

was this pic taken at 79 minutes yesterday?

I know 100% 4 of the players there, the 5th with his back I'm 90% sure but dunno the 6th with the hat on.

and yes Wheels our 'keepers' have cost us billions of points this season...guess who's in goal today? :mad:

Not often we're in a bore draw, dire game.
1 point from 9 now, we need the season to end.
Campbell had a decent game again.....City pretty unadventuros.

mmmm, he has opened his mouth foolishly more than a few times now this season.
Again the spine of our team is more important....

also he needs to track back..

I was wondering about this the other day, do you think a lot of what he says or tries to say get lost in his translation? I've never seen him interviewed but anything I've read from him in the last 6 months hasn't been good.

Good piece on the finances of the club and how much we might have available to spend in the summer (admittedly with quite a bit of guesswork) on salaries and wages.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-big-is-arsenals-transfer-budget.html

2 comments I'd make about it. The surplus the writer is on about for last year's dealing with Adebayor and Toure leaving and Tommy V coming in giving a us a transfer surplus of about 30 million, I wouldn't be surprised if the £16 mill spent on Arshavin was done so with one eye on Adebayor leaving and using that likely future income to finance the move for the Russian.

As for wages, aside this rumoured golden handcuffs deal with Cesc that may or may not have happened which the article claims will take about £3 million out of the wages and transfer budget, I imagine that won't be any significantly improved contract offered to a first teamer this summer as the rest of the squad are already tied up on long term deals aside from three senior (old) squad members; Gallas, Sol and Silvestre. At his age Gallas would probably have to accept a reduction in his current terms, I can't see Silvestre's deal being renewed at all and even if Campbell does get another season I don't imagine his wages are all that high in relation to the rest of the squad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back