The talking about Arsenal FC thread (2 Viewers)

Tell me this Arsenal fans, what does Wenger see in Walcott? I've never seen him have any impact in any game. He just runs into people and the ball goes out for a throw if he's lucky.
Am I missing something?

He's an incredibly frustrating player to watch as a fan of whatever side he's in because for every glimpse of him looking like he might be a really good footballer one day there's about 10 where his final ball is a fucking disgrace, he even nearly ballsed up our goal last night. But he's still only 21 and there aren't really all that many players who are fully developed at that age. Ronaldo was pretty gash at getting the ball into the box for United his first few years too. I'm certainly not saying he'll become as good as that but a better comparison might be Aaron Lennon who is also English, about the same age, has pace to scare defenders and who had similar final ball issues for a long time before relatively recently but Lennon didn't have a big price tag or a trip to the World Cup to live up to.

But though personally I wouldn't pick him in the Arsenal 11 if we had everyone fit to say that he's never made an impact on a game is unfair to him. He's scored the opening goal in a Carling Cup final, he went on that run to set up our goal at Anfield in the CL a couple of years ago, he's scored a hat trick away for England in a World Cup qualifier away against their main group rivals. He even scored last week and okay at the weekend it was only against Wolves but he had a pretty good game on Saturday and while there was still that element of his game where he shanked a few crosses there were a number of times when Arsenal's failure to score was more to do with his team mates not putting away the chances that he created for them than any failure on his part. He does also appear to be made out of Lego what with the way that his arm pops out of it's socket whenever he gets knocked over so maybe if he got 6 months injury free he'd start to deliver the goods.

Most of the time when I see him play though his time in posession makes me exclaim, "oh for fucks sake" at the end of it.

Good assessment. I'm sure he's had decent games (he'd want to have, says you) - I was just saying that as a non-Arsenal supporter I haven't seen any, and your last comment is the one I always have when watching him. He always looks scared. I mean he looked like he nearly shit himself before kicking into the ground to pass to Bendtner for the goal. I know he shouldn't be judged for that alone, but it was a pathetic pass.

I heard you the first time Janer, but couldn't think of a funny comeback to wriggle my out of that one!
PM me your bank details and I'll post you a 20, how's that?!

From last nights game, at least Fabregas had a laugh at it !!

This
16l0bhw.jpg

then this

2h87img.jpg

Fan banter before the game !!

NWS language

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What a game, 5 mins left...
Spurs have defended so disciplined and well..a wondergoal from Sours and a sloppy per se goal we give away every few games.
RVP comes on and boy is he different class, how we have missed him, absolute class, Bendtner pulls one back but time running out.
If we can just have an injury free RVP season we would be such a better team...ofc we need some defenders too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back