The talking about Arsenal FC thread (2 Viewers)

Ronnie Whelan still going on and boy is he anti Arsenal, he needs to get over '89 seriously.
Very very anti Arsenal.

If you think he hates your lot watch him talk about Everton. and to think I got de-repped for pointing out what a biased cunt he is. Prick.

Allmunia looked world class first half think he got over confident for the goal. You know that feeling you get when you're playing well and believe everything you do will work and start trying to hard. Cesc is a huge loss he looked gutted when he was booked. Vermalin was the only one who resembled a defender throughout I can still see this going to penalties. They're so unbelievably awful at the back.

Looking forward to tonight??? What team will we put out? Looks like these lads are on their way anyway.....
gun__1270544015_training05042010_03.jpg

No Song and Sol is a doubt with hamstring. On top of the other injuries we already knew about this leaves us Royally Fucked. This could be an absolute mullering tonight. With something resembling a patched up first team I had hope. With Denilson in front of a back four that has Sylvestre at the heart of it, all that hope has evaporated. We can only pray that Barca are not in the mood for a slaughterhouse-goal-fest, cause if they are, then that's what we'll get.
Anyone care to offer me some pause for thought? Any morsels of credible hope left? Come on, somebody?...

God help us with Silvestre, he was disastrous on Saturday, his heart didn't seem to be in it at all. It's not easy to face this one with hope but sure........ As you said, hopefully Barca won't be into walkin all over us tonight.

I will never understand why he signed him. Biggest transfer mistake of Wengers career bar none. It was totally irresponsible to go into the season with him as the only backup to Vermaelen, and now it's coming back to haunt us. Lets just pray Sol passes as fit and has revenge on his mind. Has he got one Paul McGrath style performance left in those aging bones? Let's just hope so.

Our passing has been piss poor so far. Even the one for Bendtners goal was a short one. Messis first was a deflection and the third was a gift from Almunia. It's more the pity as Barca are there for the taking tonight. I think we still actually have a chance if we can improve our passing in the second half. Unbelievable considering Sylvestre is at the heart of our defence.

Our passing has been poor alright, Barca just took their foot of the pedal in the 2nd, game petering at..
Barca just far too good, their closing down over the 2 legs has so impressed me...
Our best player tonight and gradually getting back to his best is Gael Clichy..

Oh Messi's just scored his 4th.

:)

Time to get rid of Rosicky too, high wges and always injured and...we just need to start shipping out a few players who are just not doing it.
I'd like to see us get Marouane Chamakh to play instead of Bendtner who while a decent squad player is just not good enough.

I'll have to respectfully disagree. I don't think Barca were any use at all tonight. Let's remember who they were playing, possibly the weakest Arsenal side put on a pitch all season. We played the last half an hour with one central defender, during which they scored once.
I was shocked tonight, as I'd never seen a team winning 3-1 while looking so vulnerable. If we'd passed the ball at all well in the final third (has Diaby played that poorly all season?) we'd have scored more. If Barca play like that in the next round Inter will waltz through.
I hope the media love-fest ends here. They spent a lot of time diving to get our players booked and they'll never play against a team that will give them as much space to play in as we do. That's our style and that's fine when we have the players to play it, but with the line-up we had tonight they should have been more convincing. I know that sounds mad when you look at the score, but during the game they never looked safe (until the 4th goal that is). I'm sure I'll get mullered for my point of view (nothing new there) but I'm being completely honest. La liga is Scotland in disguise (to rob a headline from the Observer). Real are gone, Barca to go in the next round. The Emperor has no clothes.

But the reason why they 'only' scored once is because Pep learnt his lesson from the 1st leg, ie closing out a game something even when we're at our best we can't do, he also has the biggest league game of the Spanish season this weekend against Real.
Where I do agree with you is about their diving, then again the Spanish and Italian leagues have always been like that, it's just more of a shame when it's argubly the best team on the planet doing it.

Arsenal fans criticise opposition for diving, Eduardo and Fabregas nowhere to be seen

Hahaha youse are fucking mental. You just got fucking hammered 4-1. Oh no right enough I could have scored those goals Messi scored, sure didn't Almunia just put the ball on the goal-line and wave him over to tap them in?
FOUR FUCKING GOALS IN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL and you're still trying to say he is shite or something? FUCKING MENTAL. I haven't had this much fun since Babel spoke harshly to a referee.
If La Liga is Scotland in disguise, then Arsenal must be the equivalent of a fucking Moldovian football club, because that's the only kind of opposition Celtic or Rangers would put four goals past in the Champions League.

Odd...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marouane_Chamakh
Note his club and er
He has also agreed a 4 year contract with Arsenal FC with a contract worth 12 million Euros.

ps Corm your wind ups won't work in an Arsenal thread, we are far superior to Liverpool fans in everyway.
You could try the Man U thread but sure they only have 1 fan there and it wouldn't be as much fun, I'd just ask the Liverpool lads to let you back in...be nice or offer them some Candy.

Tell me this Arsenal fans, what does Wenger see in Walcott? I've never seen him have any impact in any game. He just runs into people and the ball goes out for a throw if he's lucky.
Am I missing something?

He only has an impact as a 'super' sub IMO.

On a seperate issue Liverpool cannot match Arsenal's points total now.
Even money for a hundred that Liverpool finish higher than the Queen's arse? Sounds good to me.

Since there is a recession I'll lop off 50% of the bet if you stump up this weekend?
€50

After this weekend it'll go back up to the original debt. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back