The talking about Arsenal FC thread (1 Viewer)

We also held onto a lead.
I totally agree with ur view on Almunia and Walcott, we have not had a good keeper since the 1st half of Seamans reign I was not a fan of his for the last 3 or so years I must add.
and I think Walcott is starting to believe his own hype.
Again get Ramsey in to balance our midfield.

A freak goal??
He did the same at Old Trafford! :confused:

...jeez no one is claiming we were 100% brilliant today or it will win us the title but we won and we are in the title race.

Chelsea fans could be moaning about the amount of goals they're conceding from set plays and their present poor run of form, United fans could be claiming how they need a 2nd striker to compliment Rooney and how this is their most average squad for years, it's easy enough to pick holes in each team is all I'm saying.

But AA's goal was no freak goal, he has fantastic quick feet which he used to set the ball and score, just like last weeks goal against Stoke when somehow he gets the ball out of his feet..barely and then shoots with incredible power and accuracy.

I would never travel on a boat with you, you are as pessimistic as a Jonah.

Why the fuck would you quote that one bit out of context? Why not quote the bit where I said Arshavins goal was unbelievably good? I am not a pessimist. I stand by everything I said. I didn't mean freak goal as in he didn't mean it, I meant freak goal as in you can't expect that from him on a regular basis and outside of probably the best goal he'll score all season and an OG we created nothing. You're right about one thing though, this is one of the weakest top 4s in years. Everyone has the potential to be shit.

You cuss too much, Footy has made you highly strung.
I as a fellow Gooner recommend Tiddlywinks as a more soothing game, just make sure you're wearing glasses when you play it.
The IoC also are considering it for the 2020 games.

You also need not to be colour blind...

I represented Sandymount in the Community Games in Santry. I have an injunction against being within 100 yards of a tiddlywink since then. Unfair seeing as the tiddlywink is safely lodged behind the guys eye and didn't cause him to lose sight or anything. Load of bollix.

That video is fucking priceless.
Having not seen the game last night I would think a draw at Turf Moor is not a disaster. I believe we were lucky to get anything and that Almunia was something of a liability. If we don't get three points against Hull that will be a fucking disaster.
What's the bets Fabianski will be in nets?

Owen Coyle apparently made an enquiry about taking Wilshire on loan before the away game this week. I can think of worse sides to send him too. I think Reading have been asking about him as well but there's obvious advantages to keeping him in the PL if he gets shipped out for a while. Higher standard of football obviously but also there wouldn't be any championship cloggers kicking lumps out of him.

Gary Megson said last week that he is trying to change Bolton's style to playing on the floor, he said it wouldn't happen over night, wether it happens or not fair play to him for saying it though.
Also Bolton are not my most hated team anymore, it's Wolves, hope they go down now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8425017.stm

Kroenke near to Arsenal threshold

_46556474_007979450-1.jpg
Mr Kroenke has gradually increased his holding in Arsenal

Stan Kroenke has bought 25 more shares in Arsenal and is within 17 shares of the threshold that would force him to make a takeover bid.
US billionaire Mr Kroenke, a director at the club, now holds a 29.9% stake.
Takeover guidelines in the UK state that if a shareholder's stake in a company reaches 30%, he or she has to offer to buy the entire stockholding.
Mr Kroenke has gradually increased his stake in the club this year but has declined to comment on his intentions.
Mr Kroenke already owns the NBA's Denver Nuggets basketball side and the Colorado Rapids MLS football team.
He paid £212,500 for the 25 shares.
Arsenal's second-biggest shareholder is Russian tycoon Alisher Usmanov, who owns about 26% of the club's shares.

Great cameo from Cesc in the second half there, fingers crossed his injury isn't too serious. In spite of what the sky folk were saying at the break I'm pretty pleased with the 90 minute performance, we bossed the first half against a very good side.

Gary Megson said last week that he is trying to change Bolton's style to playing on the floor, he said it wouldn't happen over night, wether it happens or not fair play to him for saying it though.
Also Bolton are not my most hated team anymore, it's Wolves, hope they go down now.

What about Hull ??? Any team with this clown in charge must be hated
image-9BAC_4B378073.jpg

He has a picture of himself on his wall ffs.....

Beeb webby

1540:
Phil Brown is being interviewed in front of a picture of... Phil Brown. This is by the far the best thing that has happened this weekend.

1542: The Phil Brown in the picture is wearing exactly the same thing as real Phil Brown is wearing. I was so consumed with that bizarre sight that I didn't listen to a word he said. Sorry.

As for the match....everything changed once Cesc came on, he has improved yet again this season, he can now ghost past players and has also added shooting and free kicks to his repertoire.
He just seemed to invigorate the players around him, bar Diaby who was MotM b4 Cesc stole it lol/
I thought Villa were poor in the 2nd half and had very little upfront.
Contrary to what the pundits said I thought Hull were shit, cept for Fagan.
Anyway great weekend for us.

Nice to see Diaby starting to get consistancy, he will be key if we lose Cesc for any length of time. Did Denilson do his back again? If he's out, and Cesc is out, and Song is off to the ACN we might see Ramsey and Wilshere get a run of games with Diaby. I'll eat my own face if Arséne actually buys our way out of this predicament. That would be Diaby playing the defensive role, with Assistance from Ramsey (in place of Song and Denilson) while I'm assuming Nasri and Arshavin will take turns to fill in for Cesc with young Wilshere getting the top spot on the bench and therefore a few runs in games. Very exciting. Scary but exciting. Or am I forgetting someone?

I don't think Wilshire is ready yet, sure he looks good in a friendly or when we're a few goals up but....
Diaby has admitted he loves offense and somehow I doubt he is the holding midfield player, if fit Denilson will have to take Song's holding position.
I agree that Nasri and Arshavin could fill in for Cesc alright.
Wonder when Nick is back...

The point being, if Denilson is out, then he can't fill in for Song can he? So it has to be Diaby, cause it sure as fuck can't be Ramsey, or Nasri (although, unbelievable he's been tried there) or anyone else I can think of. And Wilshere is not near ready, but unless you predict me eating my own face, there are no other options.

From the official site : "Denilson was withdrawn during Sunday's 3-0 win over Aston Villa. Speaking after the match, Arsène Wenger said he does not yet know how long the Brazilian will be out for. "He has a back problem, the same as before," said the manager. "I haven't seen him yet but we will see."".

We may even see Eboué in there. Like Nasri, he's been tried there before. Must check our run of games for Jan. Chelsea's is a piece of piss.

Eboue will be off with Song in Angola won't he?

Our run of January games isn't too bad until the 27th when we've got Villa, United, Chelsea and Liverpool back to back. If the wheels fall off the season for good it'll probably be in that couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back