The talking about Arsenal FC thread (3 Viewers)

Have you heard this rumour about van horsefaced-cunt? If he signed I would have to lodge my protest by not supporting the team until Wenger was gone. Sylvestre was bad but that would be unforgivable.

Balls. Obvious really but the difference between the sides was our lack of a cutting edge without Van Persie. For all the posession we had there was no point of focus in the attack. It would even have helped had Bendtner been fit.

Anyway, come on you nouvou riche sky blue wearing motherfuckers when you play the nouvou riche dark blue wearing motherfuckers next week. (Not on Wednesday though obviously).

Balls. Obvious really but the difference between the sides was our lack of a cutting edge without Van Persie. For all the possession we had there was no point of focus in the attack. It would even have helped had Bendtner been fit.
I agree on all these points, I thought we played really well, always 1st to the ball etc...but Chelsea are very tight in defence and this has followed most of our clashes the last few seasons...pity.

Obvious really but the difference between the sides was our lack of a cutting edge without Van Persie. For all the posession we had there was no point of focus in the attack. It would even have helped had Bendtner been fit.

You're all fucking delusional! The dogs in the street could see that result coming. Do I need to quote myself from two pages ago? It's as if the last four years hadn't happened listening to you lot. This is "as you were" for us and them. Chelsea are what a League Champions side looks like. They didn't even play that well today and they won 3-0. You think the only difference was RVP?!?! Lads, it was 3-0 and they weren't firing on all cylinders. Imagine if we'd met the Chelsea on a good day. It was 3 fucking 0. Last season it was 4-1. We're not even at the races. A decent title contender should at least have the ability to keep it tight. It was 3-0 and they could/should have had a penalty. They were never in danger at the back, they were perfectly organised. Even if we win every other competition going Wenger should be made step down at the end of the season. It'll be 5 years since a trophy, and 6 since a convincing one. How much credit does the guy get for how good he used to be????
Did I mention it was 3 - 0?

I'm not trying to start aguments, I'm really not, but by your reasoning, with RVP we'd have won 4-3? Or do you reckon that us scoring would have prevented them doing what they never seem to have problems doing against us, and that's scoring? I'm trying to see how one player could have prevented what happened today. My reasoning is, if we were even close to their quality, we could have lost 1-0 or drawn 1-1 with or without RVP. But that's not what happened. And barring one of RVP/Bendtner up front instead of Eduardo, and Clichy/Gibbs at left back instead of Traore, that was the best side we could put out. We're hardly decimated by injuries now are we?
Imagine Man U without Rooney and Evra v Chelsea at home, what do you reckon?
That's how far away from these teams we are.

I'm not trying to start aguments, I'm really not, but by your reasoning, with RVP we'd have won 4-3? Or do you reckon that us scoring would have prevented them doing what they never seem to have problems doing against us, and that's scoring? I'm trying to see how one player could have prevented what happened today. My reasoning is, if we were even close to their quality, we could have lost 1-0 or drawn 1-1 with or without RVP. But that's not what happened. And barring one of RVP/Bendtner up front instead of Eduardo, and Clichy/Gibbs at left back instead of Traore, that was the best side we could put out. We're hardly decimated by injuries now are we?
Imagine Man U without Rooney and Evra v Chelsea at home, what do you reckon?
That's how far away from these teams we are.

As you said they were always comfortable at the back. They were happy to let us have the ball up to 30 yards from goal because we weren't going to play it into feet in front of their defence to Eduardo and any distance up the pitch on the flanks because they knew that were weren't going to hurt them from out wide.

Our only chances to score from open play going out on to the pitch were to get in behind them and their back 4 sat too deep for that or from distance and when we got into range there that's when they started to hassle us. With Van Persie who's obviously a better player than Eduardo anyway or Bendtner who I'm not sure is we would have had other options to maybe test them and in Van Persie's case we still would have retained the two methods we could have scored from today as well. Chelsea only had to do 2 things to stop Arsenal scoring today and they did them. We dominated the posession/they conceeded the space and then tried to contain up to the first goal. If we'd scored in that period they wouldn't have been able to play that sort of game as they'd have had to come out and that might have created even more opportunities.

Now at no point have I argued that we're as good as Chelsea because we're not, they're the best side in the Premier League at the minute and whatever the deficiencies in the squad are, unless it's January mid-season I don't see much point in bleating about what's not in the squad, I'm only concerned with what is there right now, and with what we do have in the squad then yeah I do think having players that would have given Chelsea more than 2 things to do to stop Arsenal scoring would have helped today.

It was like looking at Chelsea under Mourinho again in a way. They've actually played some (whisper it) entertaining football this season. Today they ground your lot to a halt and reminded me of how "good" they still are at that sort of anti-football they used to play. Especially away. Until Arsenal have that sort of steel and can win it dirty all the RVPs on the planet won't matter.

Having said that I'd rather watch them play than any other team in the PL. even if they are destroying us 6-1 at goodison

Wenger went a bit mad afterwards about the disallowed goal. Fair play to him.

I don't see much point in bleating about what's not in the squad, I'm only concerned with what is there right now, and with what we do have in the squad then yeah I do think having players that would have given Chelsea more than 2 things to do to stop Arsenal scoring would have helped today.

You've some fucking cheek. Bleating about what's not in the squad? Have you even read any of my posts this season?!? This is not about the squad, it's about the manager and the system. It's fucked. I don't know how long you've been supporting the Arsenal but I've been at it a long fucking time and what's happened in the last 5 years of Wengers reign is a fucking disgrace. It can be summed up by the post above. We're everybodys favourite other team.That only happens when you're weak and unsuccessful. Nobody likes you when you're successfull, they hate you. I long for the days when George Graham was in charge. Everybody hated us because they rarely, if ever, beat us and we regularly won trophys, doing whatever was necessary. That's competitive football. If you want to swan around being pretty and liked by everyone then fuck off to the Harlem Globetrotters. We've become impotent, flaccid, and everybodys favourite other team. Fuck that. That is not, and was never, the Arsenal way. I've been embaressed by performances of Wengers team every season for the last 5 years. I'm too sick to list them but you know as well as I do (Man U in the CL and FA cup, Chelsea in the CC and League, not to mention all the Boltons and PSVs who regularly bullied us over the years) and I don't want to do it anymore. Problem is, I can't stop, I've been a supporter since my first visit to Highbury as a ten year old in '85 and I've never felt as low as I do these last two years. The manager is wrong, the system doesn't work, the club is in serious danger of undoing the work of a hundred years. If you know your Arsenal history then you'll know Wenger has torn the heart out of the club and made us the town whore. Everyone enjoys a ride off us but at the end of the season we stagger off home alone, knickerless, having had the arse rode off us with nothing to show for it. Wenger Out.

No problem. We'll agree to disagree. You keep the faith in Arsene, but I've had enough. I think the regime is gone stale and we need a change. I'm not going to go on about it anymore. I'm off to watch a season of 0-0 draws on my '91 Champions video (yes video). It's worn out at the bit where Limpar plants one on McClair. Good times.

You've some fucking cheek. Bleating about what's not in the squad? Have you even read any of my posts this season?!? This is not about the squad, it's about the manager and the system. It's fucked. I don't know how long you've been supporting the Arsenal but I've been at it a long fucking time and what's happened in the last 5 years of Wengers reign is a fucking disgrace. It can be summed up by the post above. We're everybodys favourite other team.That only happens when you're weak and unsuccessful. Nobody likes you when you're successfull, they hate you. I long for the days when George Graham was in charge. Everybody hated us because they rarely, if ever, beat us and we regularly won trophys, doing whatever was necessary. That's competitive football. If you want to swan around being pretty and liked by everyone then fuck off to the Harlem Globetrotters. We've become impotent, flaccid, and everybodys favourite other team. Fuck that. That is not, and was never, the Arsenal way. I've been embaressed by performances of Wengers team every season for the last 5 years. I'm too sick to list them but you know as well as I do (Man U in the CL and FA cup, Chelsea in the CC and League, not to mention all the Boltons and PSVs who regularly bullied us over the years) and I don't want to do it anymore. Problem is, I can't stop, I've been a supporter since my first visit to Highbury as a ten year old in '85 and I've never felt as low as I do these last two years. The manager is wrong, the system doesn't work, the club is in serious danger of undoing the work of a hundred years. If you know your Arsenal history then you'll know Wenger has torn the heart out of the club and made us the town whore. Everyone enjoys a ride off us but at the end of the season we stagger off home alone, knickerless, having had the arse rode off us with nothing to show for it. Wenger Out.

Post of the Year contender.

No problem. We'll agree to disagree. You keep the faith in Arsene, but I've had enough.
For the 1st time ever I'm starting to agree with the Arsene has gone stale camp.
After that 3-0 home defeat to Chelsea he should have known we needed a win pretty badly (not to mention a valuable semi final berth)
Yet he puts out a 2nd team against a powerful club like Man City who Sparky had let everyone know that he would be putting out his strongest team.
We couldn't even do the only thing we r good at and thats pass pass pass.
2 3-0 defeats now and that just lowers the morale of the club, he is saying that the league cup is meaningless compared to a FA cup semi (??) and a champions league season, bollocks it's a trophy that goes down on your roll of honour.
I seldom visit the official website but a few minutes ago I did and the result is buried away on the site which is 99% aimed at fleecing us fans with their 'latest special offers'
Even the report was blinkered and censored to fck.
I am a tolerant Arsenal fan but enough is enough....Arsene is just at the stubborn stage now where he has to prove everyone else is wrong. youth and pass pass.....Mau United were pretty poor against a lively Spurs side the other night but they still won easily in the end, Chelski almost pulled it off last night, while he had a weaker team out he still had Drogba and co on the bench, we had zilch on ours.
Your on your own Unicron...2-1 majority arsene must leave now. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back