The talking about Arsenal FC thread (1 Viewer)

Come on in fairness if that isn't a penalty I'm not a snivelling drunk. He made two of the classic central defender mistakes raising his arms and turning his back. Kevin Moran would have stuck his head in there, but I guess todays lads are a different breed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well now Pool fans, it always comes back to the same old thing. Cup competitions/knockout competitions take a bit of luck to win. The real test is the league. How many premier titles?
Fucking none.

Well now Pool fans, it always comes back to the same old thing. Cup competitions/knockout competitions take a bit of luck to win. The real test is the league. How many premier titles?
Fucking none.

Ha. Football didn't start on Sky you know?

No, it wouldn't, the entire course of subsequent events for the tie would have been changed. Unless you're getting into multiple parallell universes in which case somewhere the goons have won the last 5 titles.
5-4

From delighted Gooner from north London, via text on 81111: "Chris, the best part of the Cesc Fabregas goal was not the amazing solo run but the fact that the reply of the first goal was still in progress when Cesctastic scored! Whoooo!!

I think we've played quite well Unicron.
Spurs are a quality team let's not forget.

Yeah, I think the score rather flattered us, but I'm delighted. We've been on the end of that kind of result having played well so I'll take not playing well and getting gifts from the neighbours.
Did they manage one decent attempt at a tackle on Cesc as he ran from the half way line?
I didn't see one.

Flattered us?
It should've been at least 5-0???
Eduardo normally our best finisher missed 2 gilt edged chances.

Yeah, but the three we scored were gifts. The two he missed were when they were trying hard to get back in to it and leaving themselves open at the back. If they'd kept their concentration they're gameplan would have worked.
Harry is a smart manager and they had us closed down all over the pitch until the breakthrough from RVP.
I was sure Bentley was gonna score from the free kick he had late in the first half before we scored. It would have been typical of our luck that the rat faced cunt got away with two clear bookings and then was still on the pitch to score their opener. Thank christ it didn't turn out that way.

Sure the 1st 42 minutes were close and hard going but Spurs showed supreme respect and were very defensive, we're not talking about a bottom half team here but a very talented team/squad.
Besides the goals and chances we ran the game for more than half of it or to put it better the way the BBC website said.
42 minutes of hard-fought north London derby combat and 48 minutes of one-sided Arsenal domination.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2009/10/arsenal_teach_spurs_silence_is.html
Phil McNulty's blog I'm a big fan off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back