The talking about Arsenal FC thread (2 Viewers)

What are Stoke like lately? We are without Song and about half a squad of permanently banjoed players, any chance of them turning us over? What would the odds be on Wengers tenure if it's followed by WH putting us out of the FA cup at their place?( a very real possibility btw, the Hammers, not Stoke)
It never rains, Arséne, it pours.

We lost but not a typical we played well loss....a we played very well loss!

Man of the Match was Arron Ramsey, superb performance, was at the heart of everything and his outside of the boot 40-50 yard pass which should have led to a goal was world class.
Fran Merida also played very well.
Negatives of the night was naiveness in defence and while we ran the game they had 3-4 good chances because of this.
Other negative was Carlos Vela has not stepped up to the plate this season and missed 2 guilt edged chances, Jack Wilshire was also average.
Walcott I thought too was only so so.

Again Ramsey really is a future world class player.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger:
"I am very proud of the young players, there are a lot of positives. From Barnet to Athens is a big jump, but they did very well.
"Nobody was disappointing, and it is difficult to single out individual performances, although Aaron Ramsey had a good presence, gave good balls and produced a good work-rate."

:cool:

Walcott is seriously in danger of living up to his "most overrated player in England" tag. He needs some performances, and he needs them this season. He's been hanging around the big boys long enough. Ramsey continues his rise, good stuff.

Win last night would have been nice but with 1st place secured I think there was more to be gained from fielding the kids, gives them a game and keeps us from picking up injuries to our major starters for the pool game. With Ramsey looking nailed down to be the kid who gets first team games in midfield this season (and deservedly so, poor game against Sunderland aside he's been very good this season) I think it probably would be good for him if a Wilshire loan deal went through (we would be able to recall him at short notice if the injury situation got even worse right?).

Who was bitching about Wenger not letting our kids go on loan to his club in the summer time? Was it the boss at Shefflied United? No point in sending a midfielder out to a club that doens't play passing football.

The thing about Walcott is he can't seem to dribble past players unless he is running at them 100mph.
I happen to think Jack Wilshire should go on loan too, he needs some grit and games under his belt.

Tomorrows match now takes on a massive bearing now, who would've though with Chelsea and United both playing at home that neither would win?
Big Big Game now.

I normally enjoy watching Arsenal play but they've been shit so far. Not a single shot on goal. Liverpool are well worth their goal lead and should have had more. Arsenal's passing seems to be off. I don't know whether thats down to Liverpool not giving them time, or just a general sloppiness - maybe a combination of both. Hoping now they can turn it around in the second half.

I normally enjoy watching Arsenal play but they've been shit so far. Not a single shot on goal. Liverpool are well worth their goal lead and should have had more. Arsenal's passing seems to be off. I don't know whether thats down to Liverpool not giving them time, or just a general sloppiness - maybe a combination of both. Hoping now they can turn it around in the second half.
This Man (or Woman) Thank you Stan was 100% right.
I for the 1st time assumed we had no chance in the 2nd half so much in control were Liverpool and how rubbish we were, but unlike other games against the big 4 were we had no luck we got a massive slice of luck just after HT with that Johnson OG, I thought he could've done better as well to prevent it.
Then there was that out of absolutely nothing windergoal by AA and while Liverpool had 3-5 mins blood and guts at us after it then they died a death...a really bad death at that.
That match was so important for both teams, I won't lie and say we are now right back in the championship because we are just too fragile at the back and so many injuries, our 3rd left back went off with a probable hamstring injury..although I thought trarore was rather timid and nervous today.
Walcott was shocking and stayed on the pitch way too long in the 2nd half b4 he was hauled off.
I'd like to see Ramsey given more oppurtunities to make us more solid in the middle.
Very relieved at the 3 points at the end of the day anyway. .|..|

_46911070_arshavin_afp466.jpg

What a ridiculous result. Liverpool should have been out of sight before half time. How bad was Almunia for their goal?!?!?! Not only does he palm it completely unnecessarily but he palms it about a yard in front of himself! At what age do you think they tell keepers to push the ball out of play if they can't catch it? 7?8? Fucking unbelievable. His distribution was shite all game as well.
Arshavins goal was unbelievably good but a freak goal and an OG aside, we didn't create anything. Who's our fourth choice left-back then? And Walcott?!bog

Arshavins goal was unbelievably good but a freak goal and an OG aside, we didn't create anything. Who's our fourth choice left-back then? And Walcott?!bog
A freak goal??
He did the same at Old Trafford! :confused:

...jeez no one is claiming we were 100% brilliant today or it will win us the title but we won and we are in the title race.

Chelsea fans could be moaning about the amount of goals they're conceding from set plays and their present poor run of form, United fans could be claiming how they need a 2nd striker to compliment Rooney and how this is their most average squad for years, it's easy enough to pick holes in each team is all I'm saying.

But AA's goal was no freak goal, he has fantastic quick feet which he used to set the ball and score, just like last weeks goal against Stoke when somehow he gets the ball out of his feet..barely and then shoots with incredible power and accuracy.

I would never travel on a boat with you, you are as pessimistic as a Jonah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back