The Russian invasion of Ukraine (2 Viewers)

Did he post on thumped in the early 00s?
there was some weird confluence of events that made me suspect that Glinner had something to do with thumped, possibly only lurking. I think i had an interaction with him on twitter that somehow implied something. I can't remember now because my memory is bollixed.

there was some weird confluence of events that made me suspect that Glinner had something to do with thumped, possibly only lurking. I think i had an interaction with him on twitter that somehow implied something. I can't remember now because my memory is bollixed.
Just to be clear, I'm not saying Glinner is equally as evil as Prigozhin, nor that Glinner sledgehammered a lad to death in his basement.

But if you were to accept that he did, and he definitely did, it probably had something to do with the fella suggesting trans people have rights.

wait wait wait... so now Putin's fine with that whole mutiny thing, which wasn't a mutiny, and Prigozhan's off the hook and everyone's mates again?

Season Two has some suspect acting and isn't very believable IMHO.

wait wait wait... so now Putin's fine with that whole mutiny thing, which wasn't a mutiny, and Prigozhan's off the hook and everyone's mates again?

My completely unfounded theories are

Prigozhin was paid by the west to fuck with Putin.
Prigozhin got what he wanted in that a lot of Russians like him now even though he is a monster.
Putin kinda was hoping he would be dead before he came back to Russia, he said as much a few weeks ago.
While tearing up a motorway in Mowag's and stuff went llargely uncontested I think if he'd really hit the Moscow outskirts the closer tied levels of the Kremlin would have killed him at any cost whatsoever. He was fucking with thier haven away from the war and they'd have no guarauntee he'd be an ally if he'd taken the Kremlin or the ministry of defence or whatever the target* was - those guys in the Moscow guard coulda found themselves marching to the front in donetesk with blunt kitchen knives in a few weeks times while Prigozhins loyals who led the march would encircle Moscow and bolt themselves into new power.
Because** he had taken contract with the west at large Putin no longer has contract with him hence the handover of troops and hardware.
He gets his western pay packet, Putin gets a new Navalny figure to send pollonium tea to when the time is right, Putins blanket of power has been shaken to it's core but executing him in red square would have made him a hero and possibly caused a turnover of power.
Lukashenko was on the phone to Putin before the rising had ended, Lukashenko is getting something out of this down the line.

*I still think the target was not to reach moscow, just to fuck with the dynamics at large.
**We are still just talking about my unfounded theory.

So are they mates? No, but Putin either by western money or by Prigozhins own whims got publicly owned and a big reaction would show the world just how shaken he was by it, so off he goes to Belarus without much ceremony, and Putin gets back to murdering civilians in Ukraine asap, specifically over the line that Ukraine had gained back in fog of it all.

That massacre in Kramatorsk is just west of Bakhmut where gains were made during all the drama by the Ukraine forces.

1687966443373.png

Prigozhin is a CIA stooge?

Lads

He's a mercenary, a gallowglass, a soldier of fortune, the George Peppard of geopolitics.

I don't really believe that theory myself. How would they have communicated, the CIA and Priggy? It is as believable as any of the other crazy stuff though.

He's a sellsword by trade.

He's a lot of things. A murderous criminal mostly.
No way of knowing what's going on in there, but the idea that the west is behind this would be low on the Occam's Razor probability scale.
Him and Shoigu hate each other beyond words. That seems enough to explain the situation beyond inventing CIA boomsauce being in the mix.

I mean if you're Michael D and this whole war is a NATO power play, I could see how that theory could give you some succour
But the west, such as it is, barely seems to know what's going on in that snakepit of a country much less able to control it.

Prigozhin is a CIA stooge?

Lads

If I was someone, of any nationality including Russian, and I wanted things destabilized an obvious candidate would be routing some cash to him.

The guy is popular, and can fight better than the Army it seems. He's also not dead, and is the even more obvious candidate if anyone wants to try again.

The longer he stays alive the more of a prick Putin looks. Prigozhin shot EIGHT Russian aircraft down, and had them collectively shitting bricks and digging up the roads to Moscow.

There's a disconnect somewhere. You can't have a lad shooting down choppers and a jet and marching on Moscow leaving Putin et al scrambling to GTFO of there, just wandering about the place with a fucking army.

In the meantime, Lukashenko is some kind of super deal broker now??

So now Putin is somehow beholden to his own mercenary, and a stooge dictator he put in place. Things are not exactly coming up Millhouse for the lad.

This is the NY Times, which I know you all love and trust, but good infographics on the difficulties facing the Ukrainians in terrain and Russian defences

the post coup polonium tea party has begun!

Yeah.

Other people knew. I'd suspect they were other Russian people, and I'd expect they were associated with, if not in, the inner circle. No way he just planned and hatched and ran this himself, he interacted in some way with others who'd have sway.

This is good, because now Putin, who's already very paranoid, will be asking this question about even more people. He's fully into the just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not all out to get you stage. Because there's going to be increasing numbers of people out to get him as time goes on.

People are going to notice:
The war is a fuck up.
The economy is a mess, although it's not as bad as it could be.
A lad just accidentally (?) almost started a coup that had them running scared.
Putin is panicking.

There are people thinking about post Putin Russia now.

Yeah.

Other people knew. I'd suspect they were other Russian people, and I'd expect they were associated with, if not in, the inner circle. No way he just planned and hatched and ran this himself, he interacted in some way with others who'd have sway.

This is good, because now Putin, who's already very paranoid, will be asking this question about even more people. He's fully into the just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not all out to get you stage. Because there's going to be increasing numbers of people out to get him as time goes on.

People are going to notice:
The war is a fuck up.
The economy is a mess, although it's not as bad as it could be.
A lad just accidentally (?) almost started a coup that had them running scared.
Putin is panicking.

There are people thinking about post Putin Russia now.

a purge in the teeth of a counter offensive will hardly help them militarily either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back