The Russian invasion of Ukraine (6 Viewers)

"They barged in, smashing the front door. It felt like they were busting a brothel, and not the workplaces of patriotic journalists"

Interesting analogy.

"They barged in, smashing the front door. It felt like they were busting a brothel, and not the workplaces of patriotic journalists"

Interesting analogy.
Interesting language loaded to the hilt.

Like I assume everything they say is written to a conservative orthodox Russian as a Siberian work camp could be on the agenda.

maybe its been addressed before but can someone explain to me why Ukraine trying to bomb shit in Russia isn't fair game, while Russia have spent 1.5 years bombing the shit out of Ukraine?
It's totally fair game

The arguments against it are that it will somehow provoke Putin more (like what?)

But also that it gives fuel to the argument that this is a larger war between 'the West' and RUssia
Ukraine allies are happy enough to give weapons to free Ukraine, but get very antsy about anything of theirs being used in Russia itself

I know this is only drones so far, but the US/EU would really rather they just didn't

This is how I understand it. There are probably better explanations.

It's totally fair game

The arguments against it are that it will somehow provoke Putin more (like what?)

But also that it gives fuel to the argument that this is a larger war between 'the West' and RUssia
Ukraine allies are happy enough to give weapons to free Ukraine, but get very antsy about anything of theirs being used in Russia itself

I know this is only drones so far, but the US/EU would really rather they just didn't

This is how I understand it. There are probably better explanations.
I think if Ukraine started bombing the shit out of Moscow that the war might end a bit sooner.

That or Putin would start lobbing nukes. One or the other.

I think if Ukraine started bombing the shit out of Moscow that the war might end a bit sooner.
thing is, no population ever responded to getting their cities bombed with "fuck it, let's just give up so".

Like, I'm not defending the decision not to, I agree with @Deadmanposting , I think the US would just rather they didn't, but bombing the shit out of population centers usually doesn't endear you to people.

I guess what's the desired outcome here? Russia to fuck off out of the place.
What's the easiest path to that? I'm not sure if it's realistic, but there is this idea that Putin gets overthrown from within. Full on death and destruction inflicted on Moscow is not going to facilitate that objective at least I'd guess. A nagging suspicion that Putin is fucking Russian people's lives up might, although... not clear that's even on very many Russian minds at the moment.

But yeah, I agree with idea that Ukraine needs to be able to damage anything in Russia that's driving the killing in Ukraine.

maybe its been addressed before but can someone explain to me why Ukraine trying to bomb shit in Russia isn't fair game, while Russia have spent 1.5 years bombing the shit out of Ukraine?

Territorial integrity is fundamental to global socioeconomic cohesion.

So even if Putin doesn't care about that, it's important that the rest of the world does follow the rules.

interesting watching the EU (mainly france) having a proper freakout about the coup in Niger, which seems quite possibly like the Russian revenge for France supplying SCALP missiles to Ukraine. Niger is a core supplier of uranium to France. can imagine Putin on the phone to Macron right now saying, hey, fuck around and find out, Emmanuel

interesting watching the EU (mainly france) having a proper freakout about the coup in Niger, which seems quite possibly like the Russian revenge for France supplying SCALP missiles to Ukraine. Niger is a core supplier of uranium to France. can imagine Putin on the phone to Macron right now saying, hey, fuck around and find out, Emmanuel

About a year ago I was saying that the west need to open a second front to put putin in a bind, now he's done it..

What's the magic tower's significance or than being a magnet for drone strikes?

Nine days since anyone posted here, hmm.

There's a pretty horrific doc on BBC Radio 4 right now about the Wagner pricks, specifically the prison recruits, who returned home, acting with total impunity.

Apparently even if they murder someone, the police can't arrest them, as that would make the police guilty of disrespecting a hero of the Special Military Operation, which is a crime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back