The Russian invasion of Ukraine (3 Viewers)

I assumed he was being left alive because Wagner is handy to have around.

Well maybe but I guess Wagner is basically for hire and Russia of course is not the first country to use private military contractors. Sometimes I get the impression there is a bit of "keeping up the joneses" regarding Russia's antics or even that Ukraine is in someway just a continuation of Syria.

Prigozhin though he is or he was a very public figure in Russia and especially around the conflict in Ukraine like in Bakhmut earlier this year he was broadcasting himself constantly on social media so news of his death being reported must be no small thing in Russia.

This also happened today apparently
Yeah, wasn't Prighozin all shouty about Surovikin in particular?
I'm not sure if it's conformation bias, but I seem to remember that Vlad Vexler youtuber lad predicting exactly this. Wait for a short while, kill P and remove Surovikin.
I think the argument was that Prighozin wasn't wrong about Surovikin, he's useless, but Putin can't really be seen to be immediately doing what Prighozin says. I'm not sure why he needed to have the brief interlude between killing him, but there might have been some reason for that too. Something funny like it demonstrates Putin's power to *not* kill him straight away, but let him dangle for a bit doing a bit of simping, then have him whacked.

Yeah, wasn't Prighozin all shouty about Surovikin in particular?
I'm not sure if it's conformation bias, but I seem to remember that Vlad Vexler youtuber lad predicting exactly this. Wait for a short while, kill P and remove Surovikin.

I think the argument was that Prighozin wasn't wrong about Surovikin, he's useless, but Putin can't really be seen to be immediately doing what Prighozin says. I'm not sure why he needed to have the brief interlude between killing him, but there might have been some reason for that too. Something funny like it demonstrates Putin's power to *not* kill him straight away, but let him dangle for a bit doing a bit of simping, then have him whacked.

No that was shogiu (sp?) the defence minister and gersasimov (also sp?) that were his main targets. Surovikin seems to have been a ‘ friend of wagner’ who was sidelined after the boys day trip a few months back

Surovikin was sent in this time last year to sort out the mess, with limited success. He had a glowing records of bombing civilians in Syria by all accounts

No that was shogiu (sp?) the defence minister and gersasimov (also sp?) that were his main targets. Surovikin seems to have been a ‘ friend of wagner’ who was sidelined after the boys day trip a few months back

Surovikin was sent in this time last year to sort out the mess, with limited success. He had a glowing records of bombing civilians in Syria by all accounts

ah, ok. Thank you. My memory is getting scary bad these days. It's a bit disturbing.

I see. So Shogui may or may not be still doing things it seems. He might have gone away, but they published a photo of him doing something last month.

seems more likely that the ukrainians did this than the russians, wouldn’t you think? after all, it’s ukrainian national independence day tomorrow; “wagner guy dead” is a nice headline for their morning papers

or put it this way: if the plane was brought down by a bomb, it’s the ukrainians. if it was brought down by external fire, it’s putin

was I being naive in thinking that one endgame here was civil war in Russia, between Wagner and Putin?

maybe, but either way thats out the window now.

I don't think that was out of the question - maybe not a civil war but enough of an internal battle of egos to wear down Putins 100% control of things image.

seems more likely that the ukrainians did this than the russians, wouldn’t you think? after all, it’s ukrainian national independence day tomorrow; “wagner guy dead” is a nice headline for their morning papers

or put it this way: if the plane was brought down by a bomb, it’s the ukrainians. if it was brought down by external fire, it’s putin
Wasn't it Russian Air Defences that took it down?

And isn't the punishment for annoying/threatening Putin basically death in anyways?
The list is as long as your arm.

I mean, I'd love it if it was UKR that did this.
But this is S.O.P. for the Putin murder gang. Plus the kremlin is saying absolutey fucking nothing about it, which is what they do when it's them.

Ukraine gets the headline anyways.
With an extra dollop of 'they are who we said they were' on top.

I don't think that was out of the question - maybe not a civil war but enough of an internal battle of egos to wear down Putins 100% control of things image.
Killing Prigozhin achieves revenge
And the blatant daylight "I just fucking killed this guy with a private army - fucking come at me" murder of a bunch of people, is a major marking of cards for anyone feeling like they might move against Putin.

I think Russia and Putin are easier to understand if you think about them like a drug cartel
Putin operates like Escobar did/would.

This is 100% going to look like some football theatrics to Russia, right?

'Dublin City Council has said that Dame Street, which is being renamed as Notre Dame Street for one weekend only, will be closed off to traffic from 8pm this Fridayuntil 10pm on Saturday.'
This is embarrassing and I imagine the majority of people don't want this.
Fawning over the yanks and their imperial war machines.
Like Oh we need them to like us so we'll let them fly over our city and close infrastructure for them. Pathetic. Fuck off Like

This is 100% going to look like some football theatrics to Russia, right?
I think this is just about the $ tbh
They had a ship in dublin port for the 2012 game, can’t remember closing Dame st., but that’s standard proceedure when we’re doing the 51st routine

Not that precedent means it’s not a load of bollox now mind

I think this is just about the $ tbh
They had a ship in dublin port for the 2012 game, can’t remember closing Dame st., but that’s standard proceedure when we’re doing the 51st routine

Not that precedent means it’s not a load of bollox now mind

Fucking cringe inducing and not a great look internationally IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back