The Russian invasion of Ukraine (6 Viewers)

I'm just thinking from a russian perspective

Fuck those lads

This is a party for a game. No harm.
That ship is just off war games or manoeuvres or whatever in Norway.
I'm sure that's a far more strategic concern for the Kremlin.

I'd say Michael D wants nowhere near this thing tho.
I'd say he has his phone on silent for the whole weekend.

random coincidence, we were just making plans with friends yesterday about going on one. their son has become obsessed with ghosts.

Cool, cool.

bruce willis i see dead people GIF

random coincidence, we were just making plans with friends yesterday about going on one. their son has become obsessed with ghosts.
Apparently I've seen a ghost, and it's really annoying. Ghosts are a load of nonsense, we're all clear on this. It doesn't fit in with anything else in my life, but I'm unable to explain it to myself.
But there's this one jarring thing that happened, that I'd be happier if it didn't. Anyway.

Things might be looking up slightly in Ukraine? Seems like there's cracks in the Russian lines, Ukraine has taken back Robotyne. But we're heading back into winter now... yeah. Long war I guess.

Surprising overlap in people who cry for Prigozhin and support Navalny

This is people being interviewed at makeshift Prigozhin memorials in Moscow

1693245985568.png

"But now three senior Western defence sources with knowledge of the incident have told the BBC that.."

Unnamed sources contradicting the MOD line? Sus as fuck.

"But now three senior Western defence sources with knowledge of the incident have told the BBC that.."

Unnamed sources contradicting the MOD line? Sus as fuck.
MoD clearly knows what happened
And have likely decided not to go to war over this

Not sure in whose interest the actual truth being out there is, but probably suits all parties that aren't Russia

Unless I'm missing something

MoD clearly knows what happened
And have likely decided not to go to war over this

Not sure in whose interest the actual truth being out there is, but probably suits all parties that aren't Russia

Unless I'm missing something

yeah. BBC is known as the government mouthpiece so something is sus as fuck. Not saying it didn't happen per the source as I haven't a clue and not gonna make up stuff in my head.

What I've realized is all this talk previously about Russia nuking Ukraine, as punishment for the insolence of fighting back a bit too well, in order to render the land useless and destroy its economy for the foreseeable future, isn't even required any more.

Russia has laid so many landmines now, they've effectively already done the same thing. More than 40% of the country is mined. They'll be picking mines out of the land, and being blown up, for more than a generation. They're talking about several mines per square meter in places.

What I've realized is all this talk previously about Russia nuking Ukraine, as punishment for the insolence of fighting back a bit too well, in order to render the land useless and destroy its economy for the foreseeable future, isn't even required any more.

Russia has laid so many landmines now, they've effectively already done the same thing. More than 40% of the country is mined. They'll be picking mines out of the land, and being blown up, for more than a generation. They're talking about several mines per square meter in places.

yeah - they've effectively rendered large parts of the country un-useable.

yeah - they've effectively rendered large parts of the country un-useable.
That's been claimed to be their ambition for some time now.
They knew at a certain point they weren't going to get what they wanted from Ukraine, so they decided to destroy it instead. At one point the fear was they'd use fissile materials, but this might be seen to cross a line.

So, they've used mines instead, avoiding the problem while still destroying large portions of the country. And in the meantime they can kidnap kids, steal cars and stuff, and rape the locals. It's a win win.

Well played Russia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back