The Russian invasion of Ukraine (11 Viewers)

Me: A bunch of people are going to fight the Russians
You: They're supporting Nazis.

Out of interest, whats your opinion on the German's supplying arms to the volunteers for the 1916 Rising?
Well lemme see now *checks history* eh yeah the nazis didn't come about until the 1920s, so...
My point is not that they're 'supporting' nazis, it's that if a person goes to Ukraine to fight, then you're fighting beside and taking orders from nazis, because that's how Ukraine structured their army and there's no avoiding that.

Well lemme see now *checks history* eh yeah the nazis didn't come about until the 1920s, so...
My point is not that they're 'supporting' nazis, it's that if a person goes to Ukraine to fight, then you're fighting beside and taking orders from nazis, because that's how Ukraine structured their army and there's no avoiding that.
so they shouldn't go and fight against Russia?

Just had a brief chat with a (very young, American) woman in work who had a little rant about how this was all the fault of men, and how her heart went out to dark-skinned refugees from Ukraine who'd surely be discriminated against

I couldn't even

Dark skinned refugees in Ukraine are being discriminated against. Poles won't let them cross the border and those queueing for trains on platforms are being told to not get on in favour of Ukrainian citizens, who are white. (I'm not discounting the possibility of there being black Ukrainian citizens but for the most part the people impacted by this are immigrants to Ukraine)

I was mostly getting depressed by the determination of a young American to reduce a war down to her favourite certainties, but wow yeah it'd never occurred to me that non-citizens of Ukraine wouldn't get their visa requirements waived, and how extra-complicated things would be for them

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

in the thread there's a link to an article which seems to have been accidentally published which was written before the invasion began, thus apparently laying out what russia had intended to achieve.

Last edited:
He's outlining the strategy that actually ended up happening a few hours later, He stumbled on his words but the moves by shell and BP are really massively fucking putin up.

Usual thing of jumping on ER

It's playing the man rather than the ball though - anywhoo even big oil agree

'almost all' coal burned in ireland comes from russia.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He wrote "Last year Russian coal accounted for almost all of the coal burnt at Moneypoint" there is a difference between one power station and Ireland. I would actually have thought Colombia Is the main source of coal in Ireland myself.

He wrote "Last year Russian coal accounted for almost all of the coal burnt at Moneypoint" there is a difference between one power station and Ireland. I would actually have thought Colombia Is the main source of coal in Ireland myself.

The coal burned in my parents' gaff is polish.

The windfarms in Co Limerick are using Russian wind.

Moneypoint is sorta connected to aughinish alumina for the meantime - alumina is a super high energy form of mining. That place is mad, i cycled there a few years back and went to the 'nature reserve' and as close as I could get to the red bit. The scale of machines there is really off the scale for ireland. Didnt' really have the camera for it because you cant get anywhere near it but these things are in the probably some of the largest buildings in the country. I think those white things near the bottom of the legs might be shipping crates.

1646081816932.png

IMG_3073.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back