The Orange Box (4 Viewers)

here there's a username & password written on a wall on one of the levels in Portal - what's it for?

Bowlesy was sayin that too but i loved every minute of it.

Same here - it rocks!

I found the Ant Lion levels a bit of a pain though.

There is also a bit of a bug that they haven't changed since the PC version. If you decide to go all Bruce Willis for a bit and charge about head-first into the action - and then enevitably die - your restart point can sometimes be smack bang in the middle of some bad guys and you get shot to shit as soon as you spawn.

these people are philistines
That may well be true, but the level did drag on for a bit.

'Oh look, here is a another quick dash between these two locks where I have that fucking helicopter shooting me and those fucking tanks shooting me and I can't shoot back at the cunting things. Oh and now I can shoot at it, but now I have to shoot it down in three different locations'.

I'm still loving it, they just dragged that section out for too long.

Same here - it rocks!

I found the Ant Lion levels a bit of a pain though.

There is also a bit of a bug that they haven't changed since the PC version. If you decide to go all Bruce Willis for a bit and charge about head-first into the action - and then enevitably die - your restart point can sometimes be smack bang in the middle of some bad guys and you get shot to shit as soon as you spawn.

Yes yes yes.

Thats exactly what happened to me last night.

Its a bit tedious laying down shit to walk over on the beach. Those gun ships really piss me off. Is there any trick technique involved in bazookaing down the bastards?

Here Dave sorry I left that game sharpish, I'd been playing that map for ages and those well placed turrets were starting to really piss me off.

I think the Grainery is my favourite map now. The engineers don't have it so much their own way and there is more room to run around in. Saying that I still haven't played Gravel Pit or Hydro.

no worries, I think we were starting to turn tings around against the turrets by going in the side door

for ages there i was wondering why when i killed people i got an assist from you, then i finally copped on turned around and saw you healing me! I R NOOB

I also realized that you can jump in to friends's games when you make them a preffered player
which is pretty sweet.

I also realized that you can jump in to friends's games when you make them a preffered player
which is pretty sweet.
Yeah that feature came in the last dashboard update. Speaking of which there should be another one along soon.

It's completely sorted the lag issue. Pre-patch even a game hosted in the UK would lag to fuck if one american joined. Last night I was playing only with americans and it played perfectly. And I'm sorry lads but it's a better MP game than Halo.

And not trying to rub ur nose into it but can you imagine how good it is in 12 v12 and the teamwork that goes into it there.
I do agree with people though that it's almost impossible to keep up with the latest tech needed to run games.
Although the Steam engine was always a smoother less power hungry hog then the Unreal or Quake engines.
Good to see Valve fully supoort TF2 as they were pathetic with HL2DM MP.

I'm happy enough with 8v8. And janer you really could never rub my nose in anything. Ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back