The Orange Box (2 Viewers)

There seems to be an auto-aiming feature when using a vehicle. Can't remember, but I don't think that was in the PC version, was it?

Replaying through HL2 on normal, but will tackle the other two episodes on hard.

Don't know how much they've tweaked the 360 version of HL2 since the PC release, but if they're broadly similar you're best off playing on Hard - all the other skill levels are a bit... remedial.
Well as I said I'm not far in at all - I guess I'm maybe halfway through water hazard (I think that's what it's called, the first level with the hovercraft thingy). I've only just got my hands on grenades, so I expect there is more to come.

The bit on that level where you had to use floatable barrels was brilliant. When I figured it out I was grinning from ear to ear. something so very simple but really added to the immersion.

Herself is out all night tonight, I really can't decide whether to get back into HL2 or continue with TF2. I guess I'd better play some FIFA league games to at some point as well....not enough hours in the day.

i'm playing through it again, 'water hazard' is such an amazing level, i can't help humming james bond music whilst milling around

I hope they release hl2-deathmatch as a download sometime. Tf2 is great and all but i want to crowbar people and crush them with toilets

i'm playing through it again, 'water hazard' is such an amazing level, i can't help humming james bond music whilst milling around

Haha - yes! I was doing the same. Especially when you're being chased by helicopters and dodging bullets and mines.

Especially when you have to secude one of the Vortigaunts to get on the ship at the end!

If the game is properly ported to ps3 it will involve a big hard drive install getting rid of those nasty loading screens that are always breaking up the action on the 360 version.

I doubt it will though.

If the game is properly ported to ps3 it will involve a big hard drive install getting rid of those nasty loading screens that are always breaking up the action on the 360 version.

I doubt it will though.

Y'never know! This is Valve, not Konami. That'd be a sweet feature alright.

Could probably still pick up a ps3 for about 100 smackers, as I have a wii and plenty of 360 games to trade in. Do many games come with the hdd install option?

Tried another game of TF2 last night. It was an 8 minute game and I spent the first 3 minutes running around trying to find people to kill. That's a load of arse! Having to spend almost half the game trying to find people to kill?

Back to Halo 3 it is.

I'm on mid term as of this friday so will be around for lots of Halo and FIFA action over the following week. Let's get this league running.

My hope for this season is to finish with at least a point.

Anything after that is gravy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back