The Orange Box (2 Viewers)

Hey - I loved the CTF games. All we used to play in college, back in the Quake days, was CTF.

They can be a bit shit at first on a new title cos everyone is like "Where do I go? What do I do? Where is everyone?"

I'm only messing. But yeah it's going to take a while to get into it, but that's why I have such high hopes for it.

I reckon I'll just head online as a medic, run round and heal people, learn the maps, see what's going on.

I gave tf2 a quick go, It was laggy for me, but i think that was my connection on the day. Seemed like it could be great fun with say 4v4 of friends. But we'd probably never get that many. I'd be up for taking on the world sometime though, maybe thursday night?

The thing is guys.....
When the Beta for TF2 came out 4 or 5 weeks ago some people were like your complaints, then when the game is officially released this week you can tell the diff between the experienced 5 week players and the newer ones....you get out what you put in.

I suffer no lag/fps whatsoever but then again I assume PC network is more stable?

and 1000 Smurfs this is the type of game where the more the better.
8v8 is too shallow, TP comes far more into it on 12v12 or 16v16.
Whats the most the 360 lets play 8v8?

I'm only messing. But yeah it's going to take a while to get into it, but that's why I have such high hopes for it.

I reckon I'll just head online as a medic, run round and heal people, learn the maps, see what's going on.
The Pyro is lethal on Fort in the corriders.
Likewise Scout is good on the big open maps...actually each are good at something, they really have got the balance right.
All the heads from HL1+2 MP have all said what fun this game is and that is the 1 word I would use to describe it.

Oh I picked up lots of good tips/info at the official TF2 forums.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80

You people are rubbish, 'I just want to shoot people in the face'.

My problem was that everyone else just wanted to shoot people in the face and were not concerned about the objectives. Still give it a few weeks and they will stop playing.

One thing i dont get, they have been making this since 1998 and yet there are only 6 maps and you can only use 1 gametype for each level!!! only 1 CTF level.........

There are numerous custom maps out already on PC. :p
and as I said earlier give the newer people time to learn the TP thing.
I already have my fav servers with guys who play totally for the team.

I'll be on for some games on Thursday.

And the lag on the 360 version is one of a few known problems, a patch has already been produced by valve and it's going through MS certification at the moment.

8v8 is the most on the 360 at the moment, as with all games on live it's restricted because of the way live relies on players to host games, not dedicaed servers.

As for there only being 6 maps and game types, isn't that because they have refined those maps so much that there is a huge amount of depth to each one? And haven't they already said there will be additional maps/game types and possibly even classes as free downloads further down the line?

I'm also hoping that due to the tactical nature of the game the screaming kid percentage will be much lower than on Halo/GOW.

I'll be on for some games on Thursday.

And the lag on the 360 version is one of a few known problems, a patch has already been produced by valve and it's going through MS certification at the moment.

8v8 is the most on the 360 at the moment, as with all games on live it's restricted because of the way live relies on players to host games, not dedicaed servers.

As for there only being 6 maps and game types, isn't that because they have refined those maps so much that there is a huge amount of depth to each one? And haven't they already said there will be additional maps/game types and possibly even classes as free downloads further down the line?

I'm also hoping that due to the tactical nature of the game the screaming kid percentage will be much lower than on Halo/GOW.

i didnt have any lag in the games i was playing. ran fairly smoothly

yeah the 6 maps are good....but still 9 years 6 maps. Seems like they are holding maps off so they can charge for them later!

you should defo see less screaming kids on it in a few weeks. Its not the kind of game I think they would continue playing. So I reckon give it a month and hopefully you should be able to go online and drop into a game with people who actually play the game properly.....dont scream.....dont say words like n00b, blam, etc etc

Just played my first TF2 game there and I loved it. 4v4, no lag at all. Didn't really know what I was doing at the start, but I started to pick it up gradually. There is a load of gameplay in there, I reckon I'll be playing this a lot over the coming months.

One thing i dont get, they have been making this since 1998

not really - it's a completely different game and engine.

this is what is was meant to look like back in 1999:

Tf2_oldstyle.jpg

Yeah I was reading somewhere that this is the fourth version of the game they have made? They didn't feel the other three were up to scratch or something...

Just spent two and half hours in 3v3 and 4v4 games of 2fort with a couple of random but sound brits. I now officially love TF2, and I've only played one map.

Edit: Also a number of people came and went, not a single shouty kid, very very pleasant.

I've never played it before and I'm loving the little puzzles you have to solve. Not too gone on the combat yet. But I'm not too far in so I expect all that to change the further I get into it.

So who here (who hasn't played it before) is absolutely loving Half-Life 2?

Me. Its brilliant.

One thing i can't get over is the level of detail and thought that obviously went into the landscapes that you only whizz through during the game.

I'm at the huge bridge bit at the moment. Fucking amazing. I'm bad with heights and get a little panicky climbing through it.

Portal blew me away too.

when you come to the hunters - forget shooty weapons. explosions and thrown objects like tree trunks and rocks are the only effective way to deal with them. that, and knocking them down.

when you come to the hunters - forget shooty weapons. explosions and thrown objects like tree trunks and rocks are the only effective way to deal with them. that, and knocking them down.

ah sure they're only on HL2 - the hunters don't show up until episode 2

Half-Life 2 is the bestest game ever. Yeah the detail really is superb. Some of the textures are showing their age and Freeman tends to run up and down ladders like Spiderman on speed - but it really is so wonderful.

The little touches are fab - like stopping off in one of the houses in the car level, finding a telescope and looking through it to see *******.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back