The Orange Box (1 Viewer)

2008-02-28.png

Valve has patched The Orange Box on Xbox 360 to fix and tweak a few bits and bobs in Team Fortress 2.
Probably the most noticeable change is that weapons now have rumble support, but it also fixes a number of exploits, and allows for ten- and fourteen-player games.
This is the full list of changes as posted on Xbox.com:
  • Fixed a medic invulnerability exploit.
  • Fixed grenades going through players or buildings.
  • Fixed exploit with rockets causing damage through thin walls.
  • Fixed exploit allowing snipers to fire faster than intended.
  • Fixed exploit allowing players to teleport with the intelligence.
  • Fixed exploit attaching sappers to buildings through walls.
  • Fixed spy backstab exploit.
  • Fixed spy being able to attack without dropping his disguise.
  • Medics no longer heal enemy spies when they're not disguised.
  • Tweaked autobalance calculations.
  • When an engineer dies in sudden death, his buildings explode.
  • Fixed stats sometimes not reporting correctly.
  • Added a dialog to indicate when the host shuts down the server.
  • Added rumble to TF weapons.
  • Fixed ping column sometimes getting hidden in some resolutions.
  • Added 10 and 14 player game sizes.
  • Prevent hosts selecting game sizes above their bandwidth limits.
  • Improved handling of large network packets to eliminate bandwidth spikes.
  • Reduced respawn times for smaller games.
Next time you load the game, you should be prompted to install the update.

14 player games!!

That's not really going to help the main problem, which is that no one plays the bloody thing! I've pretty much given up on it now.

Well TF2 still has the massive numbers online and the reason why people prob go for it online rather then console is because of dedicated servers and 16v16 12v12 etc......

CS is totally massive too.

While the PC has a massive installation base obviously not all our gamers where as the console owners are all gamers :D

I had a webby site b4 about game numbers will try and get my hands on it later.

I take it COD4 is the biggest console fps online?

Reason why UT3 may have being a miss on PC was because they have a higher choice of FPS?

Well TF2 still has the massive numbers online and the reason why people prob go for it online rather then console is because of dedicated servers and 16v16 12v12 etc......

CS is totally massive too.

While the PC has a massive installation base obviously not all our gamers where as the console owners are all gamers :D

I had a webby site b4 about game numbers will try and get my hands on it later.

I take it COD4 is the biggest console fps online?

Reason why UT3 may have being a miss on PC was because they have a higher choice of FPS?

from a few things i have read COD4 is bigger on consoles (but that might just be sales and not online play!!)

Its only going to get worse though, you look at how bad crisis did in sales and yet have something like 5000 torrent downloads a day. its only a matter of time before the companies use consoles as primary base

from a few things i have read COD4 is bigger on consoles (but that might just be sales and not online play!!)

Its only going to get worse though, you look at how bad crisis did in sales and yet have something like 5000 torrent downloads a day. its only a matter of time before the companies use consoles as primary base

PC gaming seems to be really shifting towards browser based games.

I see Crysis is coming out for ps3. Not surprising considering how much money was lost on the pc version.

TF2 flopped on the 360 cos it came out around the same time as halo 3 and COD4. TF2 had lag, and most importantly to my mind, a really really poor lobby system.

I really enjoyed it when I could get a (lag free) game, it was a MP game that made me laugh rather than using the phrase 'sniper cunts' every two seconds. If an MP game comes out without a party system on the 360 from now on, I think it is doomed.

Definitely agree with the party thing. Then again TF2 on xbox was pretty fun the few times I've played it. Which wasn't much to be honest. It's really just COD4 I play online anymore.

PC gaming seems to be really shifting towards browser based games.

I see Crysis is coming out for ps3. Not surprising considering how much money was lost on the pc version.

yeah they only sold something like 90000 copies in first week, which is awful considering the hype. Even epic let it slip that their main focus is probably going to be consoles from now on. At gdc they announced the pc gaming alliance which consists of a number of huge companies who are going to try sort this out. so they are shitting themselves

TF2 flopped on the 360 cos it came out around the same time as halo 3 and COD4. TF2 had lag, and most importantly to my mind, a really really poor lobby system.

I really enjoyed it when I could get a (lag free) game, it was a MP game that made me laugh rather than using the phrase 'sniper cunts' every two seconds. If an MP game comes out without a party system on the 360 from now on, I think it is doomed.

yeah, your right. its something so simple and yet it makes a huge difference. i wouldnt be surprised if microsoft started supplying game companies with a default party system and also ,matching people on trueskill ratings

Crysis flopped too. I'm sure piracy and the high hardware spec required have something to do with it.
Some good points, the only thing that is really saving PC games is the online option, as far as I know while you can obviously d/l a game to play it, online you def need a legit key/serial.
There was a good write up on the future of PC gaming on Eurogamer recently and apparently its not all doom and gloom.

There was a good write up on the future of PC gaming on Eurogamer recently and apparently its not all doom and gloom.

its not all doom and gloom now, pc gaming still has a place. There are a huge number of games that just cant be ported to consoles. Steam is also doing really well. The next console hardware release is going to be really important. if the consoles do full keyboard/mouse support and if a structure is in place for mmo's then it could be goodnight for pc gaming. On the other hand who knows what anti-piracy systems they could put in place by then.

console gaming has one big factor going for it. If a company invests millions in a game they automatically know that it will play on every single piece of hardware (360 or ps3 etc ) in the market. The cost of game production is rising and some games need to hit 2 million copies just to break even. you cant garuntee this on pc so console only releases becomes far more beneficial

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back