the most depressing movie. (2 Viewers)

skubol

lilja_poster.jpg

movie by Lukas Moodysson. same fella who did FUCKING AMAL.
there's no light in the tunnel. violence, abandoned kids, sniffing glue, prostitution, sex slavery. etc.
"During the premiere showing of Lilja 4-ever some people were leaving in the middle of the film, unable to bear an injection of truth, given to Philistine consciousness by Lycas Moodysson."

there's a link to the full movie on the first page of results on google:

[video=google;-2818582001271029300]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2818582001271029300[/video]

Saw this when it came out in the cinema. Best movie I ever saw that I will never EVER watch again, or ever recommend to any of my friends.

Irreversible was pretty fucking depressing I thought.

Here, apparently your man that does the rape is actually Monica Bellucci's husband.

Jaysus.
Anyway. Yeah.
I might see this when the missus is away. She doesn't like such fare.

Saw Lilja 4-ever in the cinema when it came out a few years ago, and it's one of the few movies that I still think about from time to time, (Le Haine being another one). Very powerful stuff.

movie by Lukas Moodysson. same fella who did FUCKING AMAL.
there's no light in the tunnel. violence, abandoned kids, sniffing glue, prostitution, sex slavery. etc.
"During the premiere showing of Lilja 4-ever some people were leaving in the middle of the film, unable to bear an injection of truth, given to Philistine consciousness by Lycas Moodysson."

It's just sheer unrelenting despair. An amazing film. I had seen Fucking Amal about 5 or 6 years ago on RTE randonly and had been trying to find it on DVD after that with no success. Was in Easons about 6 months ago and the Moodysson box set was only 40 quid for his 4 major films (FA, L4E along with Together & A Hole In My Heart) so picked it up.

I very much reccomend anyone to get this box set, the director is pretty great. Together is a bit too much of a "feel good movie" but it's a good relief after the other three messed up and full on films.

I haven't seen it about 10 years but I remember i found Naked quite depressing as a young lad.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I might see this when the missus is away. She doesn't like such fare.

Tell her it's about a puppy and a ladybird who don't at first like each other becoming best friends in an allegorical anti-racist narrative. Then secretly video her face while she watches. Then make that into a film. It'd be class.

Tell her it's about a puppy and a ladybird who don't at first like each other becoming best friends in an allegorical anti-racist narrative. Then secretly video her face while she watches. Then make that into a film. It'd be class.

She'd know something was is up if I said allegorical.

I tried to re-watch Threads the other day there. Had to turn it off halfway through, totally too grim for me. I made it to the end before out of curiosity but I dunno if that's going to happen again.

Irreversible is pure grim as well. I've kinda lost my taste for depressing films lately though.

Threads is class! It's just so over-the-top!

It's like I.D., it's just so OTT that you can't help but laugh...

That bit on Christmas morning...after he comes home to his wife from your one's gaff...and there's the horrible bit against the wall...and then he goes into the kitchen...and you hear him opening a can!! Fucking hell! I watched that with four ultra-feminist crusty girls in Copenhagen, stoned out of me head. When that bit happened they all had wide-eyed shock-faces and hands-over-mouths...I'd seen it about 10 times before and knew what was coming up...had to leg it out cos the giggles were boiling over...jaysus. It's just too much...

Threads is class! It's just so over-the-top!

It's like I.D., it's just so OTT that you can't help but laugh...

Nah I found it fierce grim. As if Sheffield in the 80s wasn't bad enough like, they had to throw in a rake of death and destruction as well. Actually without the nuclear stuff it probably would still have been grim as hell.

Red Road was quite the downer as well. Glasgow and tower blocks and the most uncomfortable consensual sex scene ever. And everyone belonging to you dying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back