The I used to think thread (1 Viewer)

I used to think if I wrapped my feet up under my blankets (like a sleeping bag) that the monster under the bed couldn't grab my feet and pull me out. Actually, I still believe this and can't sleep otherwise.
i used to make a line of teddies along the outward side of my bed for protection

I used to think gollywogs were a cartoon of talking licourice sweets.
On a similar not I used to think that the word nigger was a name.I thought it was the name of a "tigger ". I remember thinking in the yard while singing "iny meeny miny mo " how clever the people who wrote this must have been , to call a tigger nigger.
I too thought sanitary towels were nappies for mammies too busy to go to the bathroom.
I also thought people had sex by the girl lying at the top of the bed and the boy lying at the bottom of the bed with their feet touching.
I had a suspicion I would marry either Joey from New Kids on the block or ryan Giggs.My suspicions were based on a lie
I used to think Brendan Shine was cool
I used to think my teddies and dolls would get angry and try to kill me if they all didnt have equal share of a blankey.
I used to think mammies had girls and daddies had boys but if the daddies were too busy then the mammies did them a favour and had the boys too.
I used to think it was lousy to eat broccoli because they were only baby trees
On a few occasions i tried to wee standing up like a boy.
I used to think that room freshener and body spray were the same thing.
I used to think that babies were born with the ability to speak but that they were so soft to do so would be too painful,so they had to wait til they got harder to talk.
I used to think holy god would send me to hell for saying a bad word n my head when I would be re enacting scenes from the telly ( i was a religious fanatic til about 11)

when I was in scary places, like going up the stairs to bed at night with the lights turned off, I used to be sure there was a monster right behind me, following me.
But, if I turned around and looked at him he would know the game is up, and make a lunge for me, so I would have to let on like I didn;t know he was there and walk casually and not look, and then when I would get around a corner I would sprint somewhere safe and be gone before it realised I knew he was there all along.

at night if im turning all the lights off downstairs, i have to sprint up the stairs really fast otherwise the ghosts or monsters or whatever the fuck lurks in dark places will get me. i'm almost 27.

when i was a teenager i was watching mtv with a friend and she turned to me and said "right, fuck this. who the hell is Bill Payer and why do I need his permission???!!????"

poor thing.

I used to think gollywogs were a cartoon of talking licourice sweets.

I never thought they were cartoon black people, I just presumed they were little dark creatures, like elves or something.

I thought that everything that happened in the Bible happened in heaven. I'm not quite sure how I thought it all got written down.

For ages I hung onto the belief that if you stepped on snails and crushed their shells they turned into slugs. I really wanted it to be true.

at night if im turning all the lights off downstairs, i have to sprint up the stairs really fast otherwise the ghosts or monsters or whatever the fuck lurks in dark places will get me. i'm almost 27.

me too. there's a big window with no curtains on our landing too and i literally run so hard past it trying not to see the aliens/monster/ghosts/murderers staring in at me that i trip sometimes.

also if i'm sleeping in the house by myself i have to sleep with the big pole we use to open the attic door with next to me. and a can of deoderant...to blind them of course.

I used to think my teddies came to life too and if i woke up and one of em had fallen out of the bed or something i'd have to pick it up and apologise prefusely just in case it got mad and got revenge that night when i was asleep. a lot of neuroses as a child.

a pole is serious business.
I was going to throw a glass of water in the face of the monster, and generally assumed that this would feel like acid. Or if it didnt at least the monster would stop, and think "i cant believe that prick threw acid on my face" before realising that in fact it wasn't really acid, just water, and in that vital moment of indecision and disbelief I would make a (second) break for it.

nice thinking on that one. used to keep myself awake at night convinced that aliens were about to land and abduct me through my bedroom window too. unless of course the curtains were shut as tightly as possible with absolutely no cracks. that would stop them right there.

i blame the x files for that one though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back