The I used to think thread (4 Viewers)

I used to think that Mrs. Bates from Psycho lived under my bed. My brothers would scare the shit out of me.
mrsb.jpg

I used to think that Mrs. Bates from Psycho lived under my bed. My brothers would scare the shit out of me.
mrsb.jpg
Ha! I thought the severed head from one of the Jaws films lived down at the end of my bed so I never stretched my feet down as far as they'd go.

your mum calls you 'Anarcho Munk'?

When my mammy asked me did I know where milk came from when I was about 3 I said....

"of course I do, ah amn't stewpid! it comes from the shop..."

"yes, but where does the shop get it from..."

"...."

"cows anarcho munk, milk comes from cows!"

"WAT"

And until I was about 6 or 7 I didn't have a clue what "fair dues" meant, i thought people were saying "fair juice" to each other all the time.
So one day I cracked up with the absurdity of it all
and shouted out "WELL WHAT DOES IT FRICKIN TASTE LIKE YOU EEJITS!"

I used to think if I wrapped my feet up under my blankets (like a sleeping bag) that the monster under the bed couldn't grab my feet and pull me out. Actually, I still believe this and can't sleep otherwise.

when I was in scary places, like going up the stairs to bed at night with the lights turned off, I used to be sure there was a monster right behind me, following me.
But, if I turned around and looked at him he would know the game is up, and make a lunge for me, so I would have to let on like I didn;t know he was there and walk casually and not look, and then when I would get around a corner I would sprint somewhere safe and be gone before it realised I knew he was there all along.

I used to think cows' udders were pigs (?) and that the Wombles of Wimbledon were common, in the way my mum would use the word, i.e. ill mannered and gauche.

I think I had a suspicion that The Wombles of Wimbledon Common was basically a documentary too.

I knew about that tennis thing, Wimbledon, so I asked if Wimbledon Common existed. Apparently it did, so it seemed logical that Wombles existed.

Another logical deduction I made was when I found a tooth fairy letter I had written.
I confronted my old man with the evidence, and asked him if he anything to say about it. He was a bit quiet, so I told him that I think it meant that there *was* no tooth fairy, that it was in fact *him* all along.
He conceded this point.
I pressed it further, the wheels were turning over, "that means Santa... and the Easter Bunny... and God... all made up?"
He was nodding sadly until I hit God.
He told me to go and ask my mother about that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back